Chapter 20: Thirst

"I want you to be my lastIf I had to keep being separated from you like thisI'd rather die, I'd rather dieI choose you over three meals a dayIf I had to keep being separated from you like this"藤井風 (Fujii Kaze) - 死ぬのがいいわ

If I had to keep being separated from you like this
I'd rather die, I'd rather die
I choose you over three meals a day
If I had to keep being separated from you like this"
藤井風 (Fujii Kaze) - 死ぬのがいいわ

Spice - o - meter: 🌶️🌶️

🌌

"He did what?!" Lily screamed, sending Leila into panic.

The girl shifted on her knees, letting go of the warm pastry she was scarfing down to slam her hand over the brunette's mouth.

The paranoid woman kept her voice low, "I told you he can hear if you sound...alarmed."

"Sorm-reeh." Lily resigned, words muffled by the princess' palm.

The princess liked the apology, sitting back on her haunches and resuming her attack on the pastry she had ordered from the kitchens. Lily was quieter now, but couldn't hide the shock from her pale face, that was now mottled with pink and a peculiar smile.

The two girls had pushed all the furniture out of the middle of Leila's room, setting up a large blanket, a bunch of pillows, and a bubbly wine between them. They had about two glasses each, but had still managed to become so unruly.

As Leila recalled the memory, a smirk lifted under the powder that now coated her mouth. Playing with the strings of her sheer white nightgown that hugged her body, and was trimmed with the prettiest of lace. It felt good to have another woman to talk to about whatever was happening with the prince. It made her feel as bubbly as the drink they consumed.

"He did what?" Lily repeated, eyes shining with the details she begged for.

Leila rolled onto her stomach, placing herself closer to the fire, "Well, you know he threw your brother across the room. But after, he was all like 'that wasn't even a kiss'-"

Lily fake gagged, choking on her champagne, "You actually kissed my brother? I can't even say I have one friend who hasn't now. I kind of knew he fancied you a bit."

The princess laughed awkwardly, feeling apologetic. They were so different, she forgot they were related sometimes. That must have been weird.

"Sorry, it definitely won't happen again. It was collateral damage and I made sure he knew that. Trust me, it isn't like that with him. From either side."

The hazelnut haired girl looked skeptical, mostly about her brother's perspective, but wanted more of the real story, "How could it when you have the prince's attention. Now tell me, what did you do? He has been a fucking mess since the other night. Everyone is the court is watching what he will do next. And they never expected the move you pulled at the fete."