Chapter 6: Apocalypse

"Go and sneak us through the riversFlood is rising up on your kneesOh, pleaseCome out and haunt meI know you want meCome out and haunt me"

Flood is rising up on your knees
Oh, please
Come out and haunt me
I know you want me
Come out and haunt me"

Apocalypse - Cigarettes After Sex

🕸

*********

Three days were spent in endless scheming. A web of several outs and ins, weaving into a spindly existence.

It ended with thinly veiled frustration. For she had not found a way to get out of a marriage with Kim Taehyung.

By the third and final day of her wedding, she was still just as lost about what to do next with the dark prince as she had two days prior. She had decided though she would go through the ceremony peacefully, she would have to do something that showed she was still trying to fight back. If she acted like she was okay with staying in his territory, he would assume her plot against him. Her want to earn his trust, and use it.

Leila just didn't know what she could to do phase him yet.

She didn't know what to make of her meeting time with the Prince. His unconcern towards her presence.  Leila scarcely remembered a time the boys in her territory could pull their gaze off of her. Though she also never remembered a time where she cared.

And yet, she was simply there, in his eyes. Or lack thereof.

It felt like failure. That's why she felt so strongly towards it. She'd never failed at anything before. Everything depended on her ability to make him see her in a different light.

But there would be a flicker, a spark. When she called out his name, feeling it caress and push its way too him. Or when she asked him to teach her about the experiences she had missed out on. Then, his eyes had softened, mouth slack. For only a moment, his stare felt like the only thing in the room. And soon enough, it would be gone. Like that, it was left for her to dream about when sleeping.

Which she had, every night of his absence. The princess had begged the goddess to quit her visions, but they did not waver. The young woman even thought they would disappear after seeing him again in person, after he insulted her emotional intelligence and told her he did not care for her within mere minutes of each other.

'Do not mistake my begrudging respect for interest'

The words alone were enough to set her blood cold, but the tone of disgust in which he said it reminded her of her place here. Captive. Unwanted.

And yet she still woke up shaking, thighs pressed together at the mere thought of him.

For how could one so vicious look so attractive while doing it?