0.4

gina's pov:

"ej, do we have everything?" i ask him as i sit in the car with ashlyn, red and kourtney.

"i think so, seb and carlos are going together right?"

"and nini's going with her moms!" ashlyn says smiling at red.

those two have been cute for the entire year and well, i hope me and ej will stay like them.

we kissed last semester and ever since then, people have been shipping us. carlos is the main portwell shipper tho along with nini and ash!

"i'm so excited for this summer, like ej, you are a camp counsellor right?"

"uh huh, along with nini and val!" he says, reaching a higher pitch when he mentions val.

you know what, i'm not going to let a tiny little friendship ruin my summer. i shake away all my worries and concerns as i connect my phone to the aux, playing one of the best songs from the hsm franchise.

nothing is going to get in the way of ej and mine's perfect summer!

this summer, i really want to get the lead! it's been less than a full semester at east high and i don't know, maybe i'm just not great at rejection. the last drama teacher i had gave me all the lead roles, not to mention that i played matilda on broadway!

i just feel like these past months, miss jenn hasn't seen my potential but i hope she does soon!

"ok, what are your guys bets on the musical?"

"high school musical 2 would be amazing!" ashlyn perks up from the back of the car.

"what about teen beach movie?" kourtney states.

"i kinda wanna do camp rock" ej says as i give him a kiss due to his bashfulness.

"what about descendants? gina, you would say as evie and kourt, you'd be great as uma!" red states.

"thanks boo but i pretty much doubt it!" kourtney said blushing away slightly, ashlyn getting slightly jealous.

"whatever the musical is, i'm sure it wil be amazing!" i tell them before we pull into camp shallow lake.

this summer is going to be amazing! i have my best friends right by my side and nothing is going to ruin this for me!

-

belly's pov:

i stand as conrad walks up to the two of us, it doesn't sink in that he is here. i want to be mad at him and scream at him for being a dumbass last summer but i can't. there is something about his smile that makes me feel weak in the knees!

"hey steven, hey belly" he gives steven a big hug but for me, he just ruffles up my hair and treats me like a kid.

"hi conrad!" i tell him, smiling at him as he rolls his eyes, rude!

"so steven, did our moms force us to come here this summer?"

"looks like it, oh how is jere doing?"

"he's good, he's working shifts at the country club but he misses us, mom might make him visit us this summer"

"huh? so conrad, what actually are you doing here? you don't strike me as the summer type of guy"

"people change belly" he says grabbing out a packet of cigarettes.

i thought he quit? i thought i convinced him to stop? does our friendship mean nothing to him? are we even friends?

whilst i was contemplating everything, i noticed a boy, he had dark curls that had blonde highlights in and he was standing next to this girl. he looked cute!

wait-

no-

isabel conklin, you do realise that this boy has a girlfriend, i mean he's standing next to barbie whilst i am here being the awkward sibling!

"belly? you good?" steven asks me as i focus on my brother and my ex crush.

"yeah... i'm fine!"

who is that boy and why do i want to know almost everything about him?

-

We will soon find out the musical and the mystery boy that Belly seems to be crushing on but Conrad is being a jerk and do you think that Portwell are gonna last?

This book is going to get super interesting starting now so I'm sory if the previous chapters were boring af!

Anyways, thank you for reading, voting, commenting and adding this story to your reading lists! Oh and thank you for 186 followers, I truly appreciate you all!

Much love and for those of you going back to school, you are going to kill it! I believe in each and everyone of you!

Love you all

Em <3