1.8

nini's pov:

everything is in full swing for kourtney's 18th birthday party. the rehearsal room is covered head to toe in banners and balloons and everyone is dressed in well 80s clothes.

normally we would wear something from an era for camp prom but considering that kourtney's favourite era is the 80s, we decided to go along with an 80s theme birthday party and camp prom is going for a more prom look, so fancy flowing dresses.

the room kinda looks like the scene in stranger things season two, you know, the snowball dance so we tried to capture that in our looks.

i am stood on one side of the room, occasionally glancing at conrad who is talking to his brother.

the truth is, conrad likes me and i like him, i just don't exactly know what we are. we haven't exactly spoken since he told me he had feelings for me and if we do, it's very brief, i kinda just want to know where we stand.

and maybe, just maybe, get a dance out of him whilst i'm at it!

"attention campers of camp shallow lake!" val says holding the microphone close to her chest.

"as it's kourtney's special day, we wanted to invite her up on stage and we are going to wish her a very happy birthday, come on up queen kourt!" i nod at the girls as i grab kourtney's hand, guiding her to the stage where everyone was applauding her as she sat down on her birthday chair.

"ok campers, you know the drill, let's sing the shallow lake birthday song!"

"1, 2, 3, 4!"

"it's your special day, hope everything goes great, hope you get what you want, whilst you're stuck in the mud, hope you smile throughout each day, hope today is full of love and you mean everything to us, hope you feel like you're loved because you deserve it the most love and happiness in the world and that being said, hope you sleep in your cabin bed and enjoy your special day, say goodbye to the past as we all wish you a very happy birthday!" we all sing as kourtney looks up at each and everyone one of us with happy tears in her eyes.

kourtney needs to know that she is not alone in whatever she is dealing with, her anxiety doesn't define her and even though she might feel like a burden, she is never one.

"we love you kourtney!" we all shout at her whilst val holds out the microphone so she can say something.

"wow, uh, thank you guys for making this day so amazing, uh, coming into camp, i was so freaking nervous, i hate being away from home and often feel like i'm causing everyone to be angry at me but now i know that i have some amazing friendships that i wouldn't change for the world so let's enjoy tonight y'all!" she says stepping off the stage as i hug her tightly.

she's my best friend and i hope tonight goes well!

oh boy!

-
Hi guys! I'm doing a triple update today so this is your first one! So fun fact, I kinda wrote that birthday song thing just for fun so I know it's terrible but it fits the story kind of!

Anyways, next chapter will probably be up in an hour or so!

Love you all, thanks for reading!

Em 🤍