1.6

nini's pov:

i needed air. the others had left the room to talk or whatever but i didn't really care, kourtney was there for me, she always has since well, my parents died!

my heart was racing as i watched little kids swinging on the tiny wooden swings. well, technically, it was more like a wooden plank attached by a rope.

that's what my life was like, i was the wood, constantly being there for everyone, being the therapist friend and the rope was my life, slowly hanging by a thread but eventually, it will snap.

you'll lose control of everything and before you know it, you want the wood to be set on fire and forget the trauma that you have been through.

my feet were dangling as i wiped my bloodshot eyes. i felt humiliated, embarrassed and i can't believe that everyone knows about it now!

"hey neens, you ok? i'm sorry if i upset you before by saying mean stuff!" maddox says sitting down next to me as i look towards the sunset.

for some reason, they have always fascinated me. it's like despite me being annoyed with the world, somehow a sunset just knows how to cheer me up.

"i'll be ok, what about you?"

"nini, stop being the therapist for once, i'm not the greatest but i came here to check on you, i had no idea that happened to you!"

"i... i know something similar happened with your parents and jet but i felt like i couldn't tell you, i didn't want to be a burden"

"you are never ever a burden, we all deal with things in different ways" me and maddox hug each other for a while, my tears soaking her shoulders but i don't care, i need a friend right now!

"just so you know, for some reason, carlos thinks me a jet are a thing or something!" i giggled as she wiped away my tears.

"see, i knew that would cheer you up!"

"it did..." i felt a presence watching me as maddox stood up.

-
ricky's pov:

"what are you doing here? haven't you caused enough damage already?" maddox says as nini turns around.

her eyes are bloodshot red, her breathing is all over the place and deep down, i know that belly is right.

not about the liking part but about the apologising part...

"i.. i want to talk to ni..."

"save it, she doesn't want to hear from you right now..."

"actually maddie, it's ok, just leave us alone for a little bit!" nini says as the girl walks off giving me a death stare that said watch your back bowen.

great! everyone hates me!

-
nini's pov:

i pull my legs closer to my chest as ricky sits down looking at the kids who are still playing by the swings.

everything is silent, it's definitely not uncomfortable but it's a silence where we have so much to say to one another but we don't know where to start.

"uh hey!" seriously? hey? is that all you have to say for yourself?

"hi" well crap, i'm just as bad as him.

"uh, you ok?" well no, i was a crying, sobbing mess so sure, i'm doing absolutely fine!

"yep!" you know what, i'm done, can't deal with this right now!

"nini, you're lying!"

"i'm not, just mentioning my parents death was a bit too far" as soon as i say that, in the corner of my eye, i see the guilt and regret reflected all over his face.

"nini, i'm sorry, i didn't mean to!"

"it felt like you meant every word, every word felt like a knife being jabbed into my chest and that's how you make me feel" at this point, i'm not the one who's crying, he is.

and rightfully so, he should feel bad!

"nini..."

"no, just listen to me please!" he doesn't say anything so i take that as a cue to talk.

"all this time, the night we used to spend together before the accident, i thought that we would be friends forever and then, one day, you hated me"

"you blamed me for your parents divorce, you wanted me to die with them and i never truly understood how my best friend, my forever, could do that to me!"

"forever? what do you mean by that?"

"it's not important, ok? i just want to stop going on this roller coaster with you because i have never experienced the thrill, it's always been the drop, the feeling where you know something terrible is about to happen, that's how i feel every single day"

"i don't sleep, i'm an insomniac and if i do sleep, i wake up by that same nightmare"

"do you have to deal with that? no, because in some ways, you're lucky that your parents are still alive" as soon as i say that, we both are crying.

i want to hurt him, push him away but at the same time, i want the old ricky back. the one who would comfort me and tell me that things are ok.

but people change, and i'm walking 3 steps back while he walks 1 step forward!

-
I don't know how I feel about this chapter? Lmk if you liked it or not!

Anyways, we still have some problems, such as, EJ and Gina? EJ needs to tell Gina about camp!

Next chapter is going to be interesting! It's Kourtney's birthday next chapter and she will be turning 18! I still don't get why the show decided to make her 16 despite her being in the same year as Ricky and Nini since they were turning 18!

Oh and there will be a bit of a time skip but I'll mention it before you start next chapter!

Love you all, thanks for reading!

Em xxx