1.1

conrad's pov:

the party, well, it was no longer a party. tensions were in the air as people walked back to their cabins, not really saying a word to one another.

nini and maddox had left a while ago together whilst everyone else was packing up their stuff.

"uh hey bels, need a hand?"

"i got it, thanks though!"

"oh ok, so, uh, you are hanging out with ricky a lot"

"yeah, he's cool, you're hanging out with nini a lot, huh?"

"yeah, she's cool" awkward silence fills the air as we stare each other for a while, wondering what to say next.

"uh, so, how's susannah?"

"still sick, apparently, she's meant to have chemo in a few weeks but laurel told me to come to summer camp as she didn't want me to deal with her being unwell for the second time!"

"i'm sorry, i treated you like crap last summer and i think that we should start over!"

"yeah, i didn't exactly treat you with respect when i arrived here, it was just so unexpected and i..."

"hey, it's ok, just breathe a little bit, ok?"

"belly, you ok, oh, hi conrad"

"uh hi ricky, sorry i just was asking if belly needed a hand"

"i think she's good, thanks though" the boy tells me as i look at them.

she really likes him and he seems nice, well, in my opinion, nini thinks the total opposite of him.

"i'll see you around, ok?"

"yeah, yeah, see you!"

-
gina's pov:

"hey regina porter, isn't it? belly has told me a lot about you! i'm jeremiah"

"uh hi, yeah, people call me gina, but it's so nice to meet you"

"so, tonight didn't go according to plan"

"tell me about it, it seems as though nothing ever goes to plan, try moving house for seven years!"

"yikes, that sucks, i'm sorry!"

"don't be, i now live with ashlyn and it's honestly the best, she's my roomie!"

"you know what, you being roomies with ashlyn reminds me of summers in cousins, belly used to always have sleepovers with me, it was just the best.."

"so, why are you spending your summer here?" i ask him, curious to find out a bit more about him and belly.

"summer plans changed"

"but anyways, um, tell me about belly? how did you get to know her?"

"my mom and her mom were friends in high school and they still are to this day so belly just comes round with steven for the summer"

"no, i mean, how did your mom come up with the nickname belly? i mean, it's just fascinating how..." i stop as i look at his confused face.

"she told you that?"

"yeah, why? what's wrong?"

"she lied to you, we call her belly because we found out that she was struggling with her image and we wanted to encourage her to eat"

"my mom used to hold her belly when she was younger, about 7 or something and would associate her with the name belly as it would become a word that she loved, rather than she hated!"

"omg, i didn't know, poor bels"

"she hates telling anyone, she doesn't like pity, especially because my mom is..."

"is what?"

"doesn't matter, congrats on getting rizzo by the way, you're going to kill it!"

"aw thank you, i would have loved to get sandy but nini deserved it more, congrats on getting the role of sonny!"

"thanks!"

the two of us walked, holding our blankets as we made our way back to the cabin. jeremiah was nice, he was fun, outgoing, definitely a bit of a class clown but he meant well.

"i'll see you around, ok?"

"mhm, yeah, bye!"

-
nini's pov:

"maddox, talk to me, i'm here for you!"

"my brother is so annoying omg, i hate him, i can't stand him!"

"that's how i feel about ricky!"

"seriously, boys give me so much anxiety and they just don't understand"

"yeah, they don't!"

"nini, you ok?" maddox asks me as i give her a fake smile.

"i don't know, guess i was talking about myself when i was standing up for you, we both have family drama and we are both misunderstood"

"and that's ok, i'd rather have someone who knows exactly what i'm going through rather than living a lie"

"you're the only one who knows and hasn't judged me"

"nini, i'm sorry"

"it's ok, we're in this together, ok?"

"yeah, we are!"

-
Maddox and Nini are friendship goals and Gina are Jeremiah seem to be friends now but what about Conrad, Belly and Ricky? It's about to get very exciting next chapter eek!

Love you all

Em