2.2

nini's pov:

i don't know what i was expecting but it definitely wasn't this. my breathing is going out of control in front of the person i hate the most, my knees are buckling as i sob into his chest, tears wetting his shirt in the process.

normally, it would be a last resort to cry in front of ricky, or in another case, ask him for help but here i am, in his arms as the two of us fall to the floor as i cry more than ever.

the thing is, i was kinda expecting ricky to be completely grossed out at the thought of my bloodshot red eyes and my snotty nose but actually, he combs my hair and kisses my forehead in a way that makes me feel less ashamed.

it's almost as though he's embracing my vulnerable side for the first time in a while and i never thought i'd admit it but i miss this.

when we were kids, we used to comfort each other all the time. it was mainly due to the fact that we both had family issues and well, that brought us together but also broke us apart.

"hey, it's ok, just breathe, i'm here for you neens" i softly sigh, hiccups coming out now and again.

"i'm sorry that you had to see me like this"

"nini, i honestly don't care, my priority right now is making sure that you are back to being the nini everyone loves"

"that nini died years ago"

"no she didn't, she just decided that the world hated her and took it out on the people who care the most about you" i give him a look, wondering where he is going with this and he takes it as a sign to continue with what he was saying.

"you decide to argue with people because it's easier than trusting people and i don't blame you, you've been hurt by the people who thought loved you"

"but the people, the campers at this camp, they love you, they care for you"

the sad part is, he's wrong. the only person who cares about me this summer was conrad and now, he's leaving to go to this camp with belly.

and how does that make me feel? the answer is totally insecure!

"you're wrong, nobody cares"

"i'm sure that's not true, so many people-"

"conrad is going to that other camp, with belly"

"what?"

-
ricky's pov:

i can't believe what i'm hearing. they want to go to another camp?

i'm not gonna lie, this summer, i did think lily was a decent person but i now know the truth, she's a backstabber and is out for revenge.

if i still liked lily, which i don't, i would have chosen to go to this other camp along with her, but now, i'm a totally different person and i've grown to love this camp!

i am going to teach conrad a lesson, watch this space...

-
This chapter was awful but there is going to be a ton of drama next chapter soo that's fun!

Sorry that updates are not as frequent as before, it sucks being in a final year of high school but before I'll know it, I'll have left!

Damn, that feels weird to say!

Hopefully school doesn't give me a ton of hwk but if they do, I am truly sorry

Anyways, Josh's ep is out on Friday, how are you all feeling? I'm honestly super excited for it ahhhh

Also, thank you for 1.48K reads, that is absolutely insane and I'm so happy that you guys are loving this book

Love you all more than anything in the entire world

Em <333