2.3

ricky's pov:

"stay here, imma handle this"

"ricky, are you crazy?!" nini yells at me but by that point, i'm already pushing the music room door open and heading to where conrad is.

i wouldn't be surprised if he's left by now, he's a coward and he can't fess up whenever he does something wrong or he's well an asshole!

it's not like i'm doing it for nini, i'm doing it for the others as well!

"you, you're an asshole, you know that right?"

"who me?"

"yes you, who else would i be referring to"

"what on earth is going on-"

"apparently conrad came up with this amazing plan that he is going to abandon this camp all because the other camp is richer and more prestigious"

"woah what?!" maddox says looking at conrad who has a sheepish look.

that little-

"you heard me, he's going with belly"

"it's not just me though, jere said he's interested and so did steven!"

"bels, i never said that i wanted to go, stop twisting my words"

"but jere, you said that if steven is going, you're gonna go"

"i never said that, i just said that we should check it out sometime!"

"can everyone just calm down, bowen, you're being overdramatic, you never cared about this camp so what changed?"

"gee, i don't know, maybe it's because i'm actually a decent person?"

"what did you just say?"

"guys stop" nini slowly runs in between of us, trying to separate the fight but the two of us are caught up in the moment to even see her.

"you heard me, this summer you have treated everyone like crap so go have fun with those prestigious rich girls"

"and you haven't? look at the way you treated nini when you brought up her parents!"

"oh wow, trying to wiggle your way out of this huh? well explain how nini was crying after your conversation"

"you know full well that nini's a sensitive soul, she's weak"

"SHE'S WEAK BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU, WHY DON'T YOU GET IT!" and that's when i heard the loud noise.

nini lay on the hard cold ground as i watch conrad's mouth fill with blood.

"nini, god... i... i'm sorry" i tell her as i lift her off the ground, a black eye slowly forming along with a bruise on the left side of her cheek.

"let go!"

"are you sure? it was a nasty fall-"

"I SAID LET GO!" she yanks my arm away wincing as val walks up to her carefully not to harm her even more.

what have i done?!

-
val's pov:

it's been a few minutes and nini's resting on top of the kitchen counter. thank god that last year i got my first aid training, otherwise, nini would be in a lot more pain!

"ow, that burns"

"sorry neens, it's just gonna help it heal quicker, anyways, it got pretty intense in there, you sure you're ok?"

"i, um, i've been better"

"neens, do you wanna talk about it?"

"i don't know, it sounds stupid"

"i'm sure it's not"

"i just um, do you think ricky punched him because he was trying to protect me?"

"i mean, i guess, he does seem to be really interested in you this summer"

"what do you mean by that?" she asks as i sigh.

she's so oblivious, it's actually amusing at this point!

"he is trying to stay your enemy because he's worried about losing you"

"what?" the girl asks me but i don't give her the satisfaction of telling her every little detail.

i mean, what's the fun in that?

"all done!"

"i... what?"

"you're done, all cleaned up, the black eye should go down with ice in a few days or so"

"oh, uh, thanks val!"

"no problem"

-
nini's pov:

as soon as i leave val's cabin, a million thoughts run threw my head. we're gonna lose a few campers but somehow that isn't my biggest concern.

what exactly did she mean when she said that ricky's worried about losing me?

and why am i so confused about the fact that we might not exactly be enemies anymore?

-
Hiya! I'm so sorry for not updating this weekend. I went to a rugby game on the Saturday and the Sunday was my Nana's 80th Birthday so it's been a bit chaotic lol!

Anyways, hope you all are doing ok and enjoyed this chapter!

Em 🦋