You don't deserve this

I was really nervous walking down to the market.

I just told Velma I wanted to have some time alone.

I could see someone standing whit a stand a few meters away from me, the yellow dress could not be mistaken.

"Anita" I call out from where I stand.

She turns to look at me and smile when we face each other.

"Where are we going?" I ask when we start walking.

"I have a special place where I go to feel closer to Bernardo" the latina answers.

She's walking really fast. It's a little hard to keep up whit out jogging.

After a little walk in silence we make it to an apartment building.

"Is this where you live?"

"Until it's all gone"

She lead's the way up to the roof top.

From here I could see all of the broken buildings. A lot of them I recognize from when they stod, tall and pretty.

It was quite an uneasy sight.

"Do you still miss him?" I don't turn to look at Anita as I ask.

I just continue to look over the city I once knew.

"Every minute that passes by"

She walks over to me and stand's beside me.

"We had been together for five years. We wanted to marry, have kids, have a life together"

I can hear that she's hurting thinking about what they could have been.

"Wow, I was only whit Riff in a little over a year. But it still feels like a huge part of me is missing."

There is a pause.

"I know we're, like, not really friends or anything like that, but you seem like wise and stuff" I say braking the silence.

"Okay here I go, I'm pregnant, and I'm now starting to understand that, that means in a few months I will have to push a human out of me. And I don't even know what the hell I'm gonna do whit the kid when it's here. I can't be a mother!"

She look shocked at me, opening and closing her mouth a few times.

"How old are you?"

She sounds a bit concerned.

"19" I answer feeling like a little kid all of a sudden.

I know Anita is a little older than me, oh my god, what if she views me as a kid.

She places a hand on my shoulder and smile at me.

"We've had a lot of disagreements in the past, and I know that you still feel like you are just a little better than me because your white. But I can see that you need someone who can help you. Someone who isn't a kid"

I feel my eyes getting warm, but it's not hormones this time, I'm just so happy and touched by her kind words.

"You don't deserve bad things happening to you"

"And you don't deserve going through this at such a young age"

"Well it's sort of my own fault. I knew this could happen"

"You're kids, you're horny and stupid. It happens. There is nothing to do about it now"