I have a family, an amazing one

Grazi's pov

It had gone a few weeks since the party, and I hadn't seen Velma since.

But it was okay, Mouthpiece served as a way of communicating between the two of us.

And besides, it had brought the jets together in a way.

Not really as much of a gang anymore, more as a big friend group, or even a big disfunctional family.

"When's your due date?" Tessie asks not taking her eyes of Baby John, who was playing football with some of the other guys.

"April 17th" I answer.

That young girl really couldn't keep her eyes of her boyfriend.

"Tess, what's up? You've been staring at Johnny for like the entire evening" Dot points out.

Tessie turns to look at us, and blushes.

"Well" She motions for us to get closer.

All of the girls are quick to obey, and scoots closer to her.

"We did it" she whisperes, then she covers her mouth with her hand to hide a laugh.

"Way to go!"

"Yes Tessie!"

"You go girl"

Swirl around from the group of girls surrounding her.

"Let's just hope you don't get pregnant" Rhonda jokes.

We all laugh, except for Tessie.

"What! Can that happen already?!"

"No no, girlfriend. She's just fucking with ya" Mamie comforts her.

"So does Baby John" I say, and this makes them laugh, and Tessie blush even harder.

"I've waited to long, I can't hold it anymore. What is up with you and Ice, Grazi?" Mack asks.

I choke on my soda, an look up to see everyone staring at me now.

Looks like it's my time to blush.

"What?" I ask, even tho I heard the question clear as the day.

"Oh come on, you know. Karen told me that you were at his place the night of the party" she continues.

"Yeah I, I was. Because I had to have somewhere to stay. I used to stay with Velma, but whenever her parents were home I stayed with Ice"

The girls lift their eyebrows, and look at me with suspicious, but playfull looks.

"Nothing happened!"

I pause.

"At least not before he and Karen broke up"

A choir of 'ooohh's and whistles come from the girls.

"Oh grow up" I yell at them laughing.

"Dot you owe me 3 bucks" Mamie laughs and reaches out her hand.

Dot miswillingly stick her hand in her pocket and gives her the money.

"Really? Really!? Y'all betted on this?" I question them.

"Yeah we have a 'which Jet will Grazi date next' betting list" Mack jokes.

I forgot how much I loved these girls, my stomach hurts from laughter.

"Anything that makes Ice stand out from the last two?" Dot asks jokingly.

"Yeah, Riff and Tony, both way to tall. I had to stand on my toes to kiss em'. Ice is like what, 5'8? Short people are underated"

"Oh so under 6 feet is short?" Tessie asks.

"Yeah I'd say so" we all agree.

"Speak of the short devil" Mamie laughs as Ice and Deez walk up to us.

They share a confused look, and then look back to admire the laughing girls.

"I think they've had enough to drink for now" Deez says and takes the beer from Mamie's hand, and sits down on the ground next to her.

She turns to look at Ice and says with a big smile on her face, "Thanks for making me 3 dollars lover boy"

He turns to me and gives me an gives me a defeated look.

I just flash a smile at him.

"You didn't expect me to keep quiet did ya?" I ask, reaching out to take his hand.

He takes it and sits down next to me.

"I really don't know what I was expecting" He says as I lay his arm around my shoulder, still holding his hand.

"You know she comes with a package deal, right?" Dot teases.

"Don't worry, she's already though it all out months ago" He jokes back.

"That's right, you are way to slow! I could've still lived with my parents if you didn't wait six months to catch feeling's" I realize.

"Huh?" Tessie looks confused, but then Baby John approach her and she switches her focus to him.

"She proposed" He says.

Everyone, especially the people that just came over to us looked really confused, some even worried.

"What the fuck did we miss?!" Balkan asks, sitting down in the circle we had formed.

"It was in a moment of desperation! Your taking it out of context!" I say, trying to hold back a laugh.

Everyone are still staring at me.

I have to switch the focus to something else.

"The little ones fucked, let's torment them instead" I say, and everyone switches their focus to Tessie and Baby John and start asking them questions.

I lean in closer to Ice, and he gives me a kiss on the forehead.

Sometimes I wish that I could freeze the picture, and save it from the funny tricks of time.

I don't need my parents.

I have a family, an amazing one.