Chapter 3

At the moment Vegas sits by the table, he  looks up at the stairs and sees Pete, Porsche, Kinn and other bodyguards. As they came down the stairs, Vegas could not take his eyes off of Pete. That turtleneck sweater suited Pete so much.

Vegas also rememberd about the whole drug thing with Porsche so to make sure they don't drug him he calls one of his own bodyguards to tell the bartender not to do it. Instead he wanted to find a reason to somehow talk to Pete.

But since the auction was about to start he decided to do that later. To Kinns surprise, Vegas wasn't competing with him. Kinn got all of these accessories. Vegas honestly didn't care about them this time.

Pete was carefully looking around to make sure no one's plotting anything against Kinn. He accidentally laid his eyes on Vegas, after which he noticed that Vegas was already looking at him. The eye contact kept on going until Pete decided break it.

He felt a little awkward, especially recently. Vegas suddenly started giving him... attention? If that's how it can be described. It was weird.

He noticed Vegas getting up and heading to the bartender. The man poured some water into glass and gave it to Vegas. Next thing Pete knows is that he's trying his best to "not notice" the fact tha Vegas is going towards his direction.

Vegas stood next to Pete as of to not disturb him or block his view and then whispered to him:

-Here... Drink up.

Pete turned to look at him, answering with a smile on his face:

-It's okay Mister Vegas, I'm not thirsty.

Vegas, smirked:

-It's just water. No need to worry.

Pete could not bring himself to say no to that. It's not like Vegas is trying to kill him or get him drunk. He carefully took the glass from Vegas and drank the water as fast as he could.

Vegas leaned against the wall behind them and asked:

-I thought you were supposed to guard Tankhun. How come you're here with Kinn?

Pete:

-Usually when Mister Kinn attends such big events, the best bodyguards are obligated to follow him. That's what Mister Korn said.

Vegas:

-I suppose you ARE one the best bodyguards in here, or am I wrong?

Pete, nervously:

-Ahh.. I wouldn't say that. My skills are pretty average.

Vegas:

-Oh trust me, if they were "average" they wouldn't trust you with such important missions.

Pete didn't know how to reply. He already talked more than he usually does with the Minor Family's member. He also didn't know how to take that compliment.

Pete knew he was strong enough, he just didn't like being cocky about it. What was he supposed to say? " Yes, i can beat up half of the Main Family's bodyguards by myself"?

Vegas:

-Is it hard?

Pete:

-What?

Vegas:

-Is it hard? Being responsible for the oldest son's safety.

Pete:

-Sometimes it is. But they treat me and my family like their own and I'm grateful for that.

Vegas:

-Family? I thought you work for mafia because you have no one.

It hurt Vegas to lie to Pete, but he couldn't just expose the fact that he knows Pete only has a grandmother. That would be suspicious.

Pete:

-Uh... Yeah, not really. It's just...

Pete obviously didn't want to talk about this right now, so Vegas interrupted him by saying:

-No need to explain. Everyone has their reasons as of why they do the things they do.

Pete smiled a little. After that they were just standing next to each other, until Kinn called Pete. Pete turned to face Vegas and while bowing down a little, he said:

-Have a good afternoon, Mister Vegas.

Vegas smiled and answered:

-You too, Pete.

As he watched the man he loves leave, he kind of started to feel empty inside again. When Pete was around it was enough to make everything seem... easier. Although Vegas wished he could see his sincere smile, for now it was enough that Pete spoke to him a little longer cuz usually they just exchange 1 or 2 phrases and then their so called conversation immediately ends without even starting...

Side note:
-Since Porsche wasn't drugged no one went to serch for him and everyone stayed at the main hall.