Chapter 17

While looking at Pete and Macau chatting about random things and laughing together, Vegas felt something that could not be described. It was the fact that the 2 people he cared about the most were here with him.

Good things sooner or later come to an end. Vegas realized that when he noticed his father ignoring him. It's ironic how whenever he'd "fuck up" his father would immediately find him and teach him a lesson. Great example was kidnapping Porsche. After finding out about it his father immediately confronted him, but now when he basically helped Porsche and Kinn, his father was nowhere to be found.

He called him a few times before giving up. It was better to enjoy peace here with Pete and Macau while he can. There was no need to be persistent about seeing him right now. Macau and Pete continued laughing at something, making Vegas come back to reality. He sat down on the sofa at the corner of the room and said:

-Macau you've been here for 3 hours now. Don't you wanna go home? Pete needs to rest.

Pete:

-I'm fine.

Macau:

-Yeah, he's fine. Are you trying to get rid of me?

Vegas:

-And if I am?

Macau:

-Well then I've got good news for you. I have to leave anyway. I have a lot of homework to do for tomorrow.

Pete:

-Oh, then you should definitely go.

Macau:

-It was nice talking to you, I'll visit you tomorrow after school again.

Pete:

-Be my guest. I'm bored here anyway.

Macau stood up and took his backpack, before opening the door he looked at Pete one more time and said:

-See ya!

Pete smiled and waved at him. As soon as Macau left, Vegas changed his location and sat down on the chair next to Pete. He knew Pete was kind of angry at him right now but he still tried to hold his hand. Luckily for him, Pete didn't push him away, so Vegas put his head on the bed, snuggling Pete's hand.

There were many things he wanted to tell him but unfortunately now was definitely not the time.

***

A week passed since that day. Pete's stiches were removed and at the moment he was at the Major family's house. To be precise in his own room. Ever since Porsche moved to Kinn's room, Pete had the whole room for himself again.

There were no news from Vegas for the past 2 days. Pete was out of the hospital for 3 days now. The first day Vegas sneaked inside and spent the night with Pete in his room. They were talking about movies and other stuff.

The next morning Vegas left the note saying: I'll see you tomorrow at night.

And that was it.

Pete didn't have a good feeling about this. Vegas wouldn't tell him that if he wouldn't be able to come, that means something happened. As much as Pete tried to calm down and tell himself that he's overreacting and everything is fine, he just couldn't.

He got up from bed, headed towards the bathroom, washed his face, put his sports outfit on and left the room to take a walk around the mansion.

He was surprised to come across the youngest Theerapanyakul family member. He was standing in front of Porchay's room. Pete was wondering what is it that he wanted from Porsche's little brother, that was until he heard Kim beg Chay to open the door.

-Leave me alone!

He heard Chay shout from inside the room.

-Please, I just wanna talk.

-So that you can get more information about my brother? Leave! I don't wanna see your face.

-Just open the door.

-No.

-I was calling you the whole day, but couldn't reach you.

-Yeah, that's cuz I blocked you, douchbag.

-Chay c'mon. You can't leave me hanging here for a whole day.

-Yes, I can.

Pete's face went pikachu mode. Was it what he was thinking it was? There was no way Pete misunderstood this whole conversation right now. Oh Porsche's gonna absolutely love this... Pete didn't want to eavesdrop, so he changed the direction and went the other way....

It was too late to leave because the second he turned around someone put their hand on his shoulder. Pete flinched and immediately turned around. When he saw him, he smiled awkwardly and said:

-Hello Mr. Kim.

-Did my father sent you here?

-What? No. I was just passing by. I didn't mean to interrupt or anything.

Kim suspiciously looked at him. One thing he knew about this bodyguard is that he was very loyal. Right now he was a bit nervous but obviously not because he was trying to spy on Kim, but because he knew he heard something he probably shouldn't have.

-You were the one who got shot at the warehouse, right?

-Yes sir.

-... Are doing okay now?

-Yes. I'll get back to work in 2 days.

-Okay.

Pete was waiting for him to say something else but Kim kept his mouth shut. Pete decided to talk first:

-I'm gonna go.

Pete was once again about to turn around and leave but Kim stopped him from leaving and said:

-No one needs to know about this, do you understand?

-About what, sir?

Seeing as Pete already pretended to be blind and not see anything, Kim approvingly nodded and left. The guy wasn't dumb. Therefore Pete continued wandering around the house thinking about Vegas...

What was it about this man that Pete couldn't get him out of his head. He really wanted to see him... The only thing he could do right now was hope that everything is fine with Vegas and he's just busy with something...

Author's note:
Just so y'all know since my university has started I may not be able to upload often.
I'm not taking a hiatus or anything, just the writing process is gonna probably take a while...
Have a nice day~<3