Chapter 29

Vegas parked his car behind the building itself. He got out and walked towards the entrance. It was too quiet for a place like this. Next thing he hears is someone running towards him from behind.

He was quick enough to dodge the metal crowbar that was swung at his head. He wasn't caught off guard but seeing obviously familiar face made him back off.

-Pete..?

Pete stayed silent and swung one more time. Vegas dodged a few more swings but then Pete managed to hit Vegas in the stomach, making him fall and curl up in pain. While he was holding onto his stomach, Pete dropped the crowbar and stood behind Vegas, grabbing him by his hair.

He yanked him hard enough for Vegas to look up at him. Pete's face wasn't showing any kinds of emotions. Vegas could try to do something about it, but he didn't want to. He'd rather rot in hell than harm Pete. It was then when he heard his uncle's voice:

-Glad to see you here, Vegas.

Vegas:

-Can't say the same.

Korn:

-Too bad... Pete you can let him go.

Pete let go of Vegas's hair and took a step back. He put his arms behind him, standing in his usual bodyguard's position. Arm, Pol, Big and Chan appeared right behind Pete. Korn stood in front of Vegas, while looking down on him.

Korn:

-You know... I genuinely thought taking you into our family to take care of you and your brother after I'd get rid of your father, but you still act like a little incel.

Vegas:

-Ahah... Thanks. I tried my best.

Korn didn't like the fact that Vegas wasn't taking this whole situation seriously. Korn nodded at Pete and Pete took out his gun, pointing it Vegas, while saying:

-I suggest you to stop acting like a clown.

Vegas:

-Oh babe... I could, but where's the fun in that?

Pete:

-Enough...

Vegas:

-Why? Scared that he's gonna find out about us?

Korn laughed, saying:

-I know everything there is to know about your relationship, don't worry.

Vegas:

-Yeah, right... Like he would have the guts to...

Vegas immediately went silent when Kim and Kinn appeared behind Korn. Both of them were silent. Vegas just felt disappointment since he thought that the brothers may have had enough braincells to think for themselves. Guess he was wrong.

Korn:

-Also... Trying to turn my sons against me... not a very clever decision. You should've known better.

Vegas:

-Yeah, you're right. I should've.

A gunshot echoed through the whole warehouse. All of them, aside from Vegas, kept looking around to see who shot it. Porsche appeared like a freaking ghost behind Korn.

He was holding a gun onto his head. Kinn and Kim also were about to take their gun out but Porsche showed them that if they did, he'd shoot the man without any hesitation.

Vegas:

-What took you so long?

Porsche:

-I was saying hi to my mother. Sorry for being late.