Chapter 20

Kinn:

-I think it's time we talk.

Vegas:

-...

Vegas went back, put his shirt on and followed Kinn to his office. Vegas thought that it was probably because he was waiting for the info about Porsche's mom but no. Kinn wanted to talk about time-travelling thing AND about Porsche's mother as well.

Vegas:

-Take this.

Vegas handed over the flashdrive which contained everything that he has found out about the connection Porsche's mother had to their fathers. Vegas looked at his cousin, whom was surprised by the fact that he actually kept his promise, so he asked Kinn:

-Have you finally decided to tell Porsche about this?

-What exactly? That I time-travelled or that his mother is alive?

-Hmm... both.

-I haven't.

-Oh I bet he's gonna be really happy.

-...

-I mean, I kind of defended you in front of him that one time in a bar telling him that you probably don't know shit about anything, but this time you disappointed me Anakinn.

-Please, we both know you did that for your own benefit.

-I did. And I'd gladly sell all of the secrets again if that guarantees me being with Pete. You on the other hand, even knowing everything, didn't tell Porsche anything. No wonder he came to me for help.

-...  I bet you didn't tell Pete about the time you tortured him for days.

Vegas face dropped instantly. He was filled with rage and guilt instead. Kinn continued:

-Porsche told me some stuff while you were in the hospital. I know these scars and wounds that Pete came back with were from you.

-I don't wanna hear that from a guy who'd rather lie to his lover all the time instead of telling the truth EVEN when you know damn well what's going on.

Kinn couldn't argue with that. Whatever it was that Pete and Vegas had going on in the previous timeline, it was all built on honesty and understanding each other. Although Kinn didn't know that, one thing he knew for sure, Vegas was absolutely gone for Pete. It wasn't that he changed or became "good", it was the fact that Pete would be sad if Vegas did anything to the Main Family.

Right now the conversation they were having was all thanks to Pete. He was like a bridge between the Minor and the Main family. Otherwise Vegas wouldn't be bothering to even TRY to discuss something with his cousin right now.

-It's not like I always lied to Porsche...

-Man, I don't give a fuck if you did. I gave you what you wanted. That does it.

-What are you going to do with your father? Starting today, if we count, he doesn't have much time left.

-The events already changed with Pete being shot and me killing Tawan.

-What if you just postponed the inevitable?

-Then I hope your dad's bulletproof, because there's no way I'll let him get away with that this time.

-Watch what you're saying.

Vegas smirked. He was genuinely wondering what was worse: having a father who keeps on beating you up and compares you to other people OR having a father who'd rather use his sons for manipulation and constantly lie to them, putting up a facade of a nice and a kind person. Truly a wolf in sheep's clothing.

-Oh Anakinn... You just have no idea do you? I accepted the truth regarding my relationship with my dad. You, as I see, haven't.

-I don't know what you're talking about but that's enough. I didn't call you here to talk about this. The events may have changed but don't you find it weird? Yeah, Tawan killed himself previously, but here you killed him. Pete was supposed to be sent away to get information regarding Porsche and you but instead he gets shot. Doesn't matter what we try to change it feels like the consequences are way worse than the first time.

-...

For Kinn it may have been worse, but for Vegas it was fine. Aside from Pete getting shot and his father being more violent than before, it was fine. Kinn may know that he tortured Pete, but he still has no idea just how bad it was. Vegas would basically rather die than do something like this to Pete ever again.

-That doesn't prove anything.

-That one night when Porsche was drugged, I did something awful... But this time I didn't do it. It still didn't prevent him from leaving the house. He went to his home, I went after him and tried to talk him into coming back. But he kept on asking me why am I worried so much since he's with his brother. Then I thought to myself:  The date is different.  I thought  the events changed and we won't get kidnapped like last time, but we did.

-Maybe it's just a coincidence.

-You're not the person who believes in coincidences.

-You're right. I'm not.

-Then why does it seem like you don't care?

-That's cuz I don't. Besides... If what you're saying is correct then I have nothing to be worried about.

-What do you mean nothing... You'll still get shot. I'm definitely not the one who's supposed to be telling you that.

-...

Vegas understood what his cousin was saying. There was a possibility of him either getting shot again OR something much worse happening. The only worst case scenario Vegas could imagine was Pete getting hurt. He felt sick just by thinking about that.

-The war between the Main Family and Minor family needs to be stopped. I can't guarantee Porsche's safety anymore. Thinking something might happen to him this time...

-I know. I... understand that. I don't really want to do this but we need to work it out together.

-Agreed. Once it'll all be over...

-We'll go back to our lifes and hope we'll never have to work together again.

-Deal.

Kinn extended his hand towards Vegas. Vegas hesitated but still shook his hand.

Kinn:

-Now what?

-Now... We'll need someone to get involved. Someone with brains and who likes to stick their nose into other people's businesses.

-...are we thinking about the same person?

-Yeap. Call your precious little brother. He's gonna be absolutely thrilled...

Authors note:
My uni schedule is... something. I have like 2 lectures in between 12:00 and 15:00 and then I have a 3 hour break till next lectures. So I just... write when I'm on break lmao. One of my classmates thought I was writing an essay for my English class💀