Chapter 15

Vegas was currently outside of the building. His father was supposed to get there any moment. Somehow he was being late.

Vegas decided to give him a call, but he didn't answer. Three minutes later Vegas received the message from him: Something came up, we'll talk at home.

Vegas exhaled with relief. He wasn't sure what his father would tell him. The first time he was angry because apparently he wasn't supposed to hurt Porsche, but now, technically he can't be mad about it so it must be something else.

In all honesty, right now Vegas was not in the mood to fight his father (nor he ever is). His lover barely made it alive and that's what mattered the most right now.

On his way back to the building he saw Kinn. The cousin was talking to someone on his phone. Once Kinn saw him, he immediately said goodbye and put the phone back in his pocket.

Kinn:

-Wasn't your father supposed to come here?

Vegas:

- ...How'd you know?

Kinn:

-I had to tell my father about what went down in the warehouse. I figured maybe he told uncle Kan and he'd come here.

Vegas:

-Of course you did... He said something came up, so he can't make it.

Kinn:

-Okay. The doctor will leave soon, you wanna go see Pete?

Vegas:

-Thank god, I thought he'll never leave.

Kinn:

-It's only been an hour...

Vegas didn't care if it's only been an hour. Felt like forever anyway. Once he saw the doctor leave Pete's room, Vegas immediately went inside.

Pete:

-I thought you went home.

Vegas frowned:

-And left you here? No.

He went towards the bed and sat next to Pete:

-How do you feel, did the doctor say anything new?

-No. He was just telling me what I can and can't do at the moment. Movements, food and stuff.

-Understandable. You'll need to be careful for a few days. There's no permanent damage, so you'll get in shape in no time.

-Yeah, I'm not really worried about that.

Vegas took Pete's hand and just stroked his palm with his finger. Pete carefully sat up and said:

-Can you help me get to the bathroom?

Vegas didn't even answer, he immediately stood up and helped Pete. The bodyguard was standing in front of the sink, looking at his face in the mirror. His hair looked funny, so he tried to make them look a bit appropriate.

Vegas was admiring him from behind. He was holding Pete's weist, so that he wouldn't fall. Obviously Pete's wouldn't fall, Vegas just needed a reason to hold him, but since no one knows that, let's pretend Pete really needed help with someone holding him up.

-I look like I was ran over by a goddamn truck...

-No, you don't. You're as handsome as always.

Pete chuckled:

-Don't make me laugh, my stomach hurts.

-Sorry...

The mirror in front of them let Pete see Vegas, but Vegas was so focused on Pete, that he hadn't even realized Pete knew that right now he had that face which screamed he wants to eat him up right now. Pete on the other hand, found it entertaining. He washed his hands properly, dried them and then slowly turned around to face Vegas.