Chapter 34

As they all sat together around the table, Vegas had the most satisfied grin on his face while watching his brother and love of his life eat the food he just made.

Vegas:

-I guess I won the bet.

Macau:

-We didn't say anything yet, so no. You haven't.

Pete:

-Macau... Even I think you're doing a crappy job at pretending not to like it.

Vegas:

-See? Just admit it little bro. I am a good cook. Each of you owe me 1 wish.

Macau:

-I was sure you'd at least burn down the kitchen or something...

Pete:

-Actually... I'm the one who's most likely to burn the kitchen down. Vegas is surprisingly a very neat person.

Macau:

-True... Ugh, don't mind me. I'm just trying to find something my brother sucks at.

Pete and Vegas laughed out loud. Macau continued eating and once all of them were done, the little one went to his room since he had a lot of homework to do, while Vegas and Pete decided to clean up the kitchen.

Although it was tiring, Vegas was happy to do anything as long as Pete was next to him. Pete even accidentally dropped one of the plates while wiping the table, causing it to break.

Instead of getting angry or getting frustrated Vegas immediately picked up the small pieces of the broken dish so Pete wouldn't cut himself.
He checked his hands just in case, but Pete reassured him that he was fine.

Pete:

-Sorry, that was clumsy of me...

Vegas:

-It's just a plate, who cares?

Pete felt a lot more relieved seeing Vegas genuinely not upset about it. Not knowing why, he automatically assumed that Vegas would scold him for it... maybe it was because that's what his father did all the time when he was a child.

-Pete?

-Hm?

-What are you thinking about right now?

-Nothing much. Just some stuff from my childhood.

-...

Vegas got up, swept the floor and and put the broom back to it's place. Pete was washing the dishes. Vegas took the kitchen towel and dried one by one. It was already getting late. Both of them were quite exhausted.

They threw themselves on a sofa and tried to relax a little bit. Five minutes and then Vegas turned the TV on. It was some comedy show they both had no idea about. They leaned onto each other and just enjoyed peace.

When Pete started to fall asleep, Vegas decided to take him to bed. As soon as he picked him up Pete woke up. He looked around and it took him less than 3 seconds to understand that Vegas is holding him.

-I need to take a shower...

-You're barely keeping your eyes open. Just shower in the morning.

-No, I want to shower now, I smell...

-No one ever died from smelling like food.

-Ugh, I ain't going to sleep smelling like freakin onions.

-Ahah... If it puts your mind at ease I smell worse.

Vegas gently puts Pete back on the couch and sits right next to him.