Chapter 10

Once Porsche finally fell asleep. Pete quietly told Vegas to get out of under the bed. Vegas felt like a ninja. Before Pete could throw him out of the room, Vegas said:

-I need to tell you something.

-Now is not the time...

Vegas grabbed Pete's hand and leaded him towards the bathroom. He closed the door and looked at Pete.

-Say whatever you wanted to and leave.

-It's about Tawan. I know he's following Porsche.

Pete frowned. How the hell does Vegas know Tawan?

-How do you know him?

-That's what concerns you? He's literally supposed to be dead.

Vegas made sense but Pete had his own priorities.

Vegas:

-I'll explain everything later I promise. The only thing you need to know right now is that Tawan will try to fool Kinn.

-And how do YOU know that?

-...

Vegas couldn't say that he knew it from the past. Besides Tawan made moves on his own without telling Vegas and that's why his own plan was ruined.

Pete was ready to beat the living daylights out of Vegas, but he still kept his composure, waiting for Vegas to explain...

-I promise you. I... Ughhh this is so complicated.

-Okay, you know what? Thanks for the information. You should go now. I'll handle him myself.

-No, you don't get it. I'm not doing this for Kinn, Porsche or anyone. I don't give two shits about them. I'm doing this for you. I don't want you to get hurt nor get into trouble.

-Oh please... Knowing that Tawan is alive AND trying to fool Mr. Kinn already has me at risk of getting into more trouble than you could ever imagine. Especially if the Main Family finds out that I got the intel from you.

-Then pretend like you don't know anything.

-Excuese me?

-Let Tawan think he's the one in control. I'll help you get rid of him.

-Do you even hear yourself, Vegas?

-?

-Why are you even telling me this? Why are you so worried about me?

-Do I really need to spell it out for you?

-Yes, because I don't believe that out of nowhere someone like you would develop a "crush" on me. What is it that you need? Information? For me to become some sort of rat and get you info on the Main Family?

-What? No! Of course not. Is it really that hard to believe that I genuinely like you?

Vegas couldn't say love... Pete would definitely not believe it. Right now it felt like the Pete he was before they got to know and understand each other.

Pete:

-I've heard so many things about what you're capable of when you need something... And it makes sense. You wouldn't approach me in the first place if you didn't need anything.

Vegas felt like he wanted to scream his own lungs out. It was unbearable. The fact that Pete thought he approached him solely because he needed something crushes him from the inside.

Vegas:

-That's not true. I may be an asshole most of the time, but I'd never do this to you.

Pete laughed... At first it wasn't obvious but then Vegas noticed that Pete also had a bit of tears forming up in his eyes.