Chapter 2

"Jackson!"

I quickly stood up.

"What are you doing here?" I asked

"I just wanted to see how my baby was doing."

He looked directly at Isaac. Giving him a look that I wasn't to comfortable with. Then he pulled me in for a kiss. I was going for a quick peck. But Jackson had something else in mind. He was forcing his tongue between my lips. I wasn't ready for his stunt, so it was easy access. I tried pulling away, but he would bring my head closer and hold it with his hand. His one hand was large enough to cover the back of my head. I was hoping Isaac wasn't watching this embarrassing encounter. Jackson's hold on my waist got tighter . It seemed as if he was trying to squeeze the air out of me. If that was his plan, then it was definitely working. I used what ever might I had against him and pushed away.

"Hmm. I love you." Jackson said pleased with his preformance.

I gave him a nasty look and turned to sit down. He grabbed my arm and squeezed. Hard. I let out a small whimper. My arm suddenly went numb. He pulled me close to him again. His lips were to my ear.

"Say you love me back or this arm breaks off." He said through his gritted teeth.

"I-I love y-you too." I managed to choke up.

It was hard because he still had a strong grip on my arm, and all I wanted to do was scream. He let go of my arm and I could feel the blood pushing my skin back up to normal size. I sat back down and Jackson joined me. I could tell he disgusted Isaac.

"You didn't get my text?" Jackson asked.

"No." I quickly responded.

He studied my face. He looked at me disbelievingly. I got nervous and looked away. He looked down at my bowl with the little bit of soup left in it.

"What is that?" He asked with a digusted look on his face.

"It's Aigo Boulido. A french dish. Isaac made it." I tried to ignore the pain by engaging in a normal conversation. It was always hard to have a "normal" conversation with Jackson. It was always about what he wanted to talk about, or even if he want to talk at all.

"You're Isaac right?"

"Yeah." He replied not giving Jackson nor me any eye contact.

"You got a girl?" Jackson asked.

I hope he wasn't going where I think he is going with this.

"No"

I could tell Isaac was getting annoyed with him.

"Oh, so you like boys?"

"NO!" He spat.

"Jackson. Please stop." I asked quietly.

He then laid his hand on my thigh. I knew what was to come. I can honestly say I am never prepared for that kind of pain. It's different every time. He squeezed my thigh so hard that I thought I was going through an amputation process. I clutched my fist to bear the pain. Jackson was smiling. He amused himslef. Suddeny his phone vibrated. He seemed shocked and excited all at the same time. I was curious to know what made him smile. Other than seeing me in pain.

"Well, I gotta go. It was nice chatting with ya. Not really."

He leaned in for a kiss, which I moved my head so he got the cheek. He grabbed my face with both hands, and planted a wet kiss upon my lips. Even his kisses hurt me. His lips pierced through mine. His palms pushing far into my head. It felt as if he were trying to flatten my face. He finally removed himslef from me, and got up from the table.

"I'll see you later? 10:00PM. Don't be late."

He glared at me

"Okay." I said weakly.

He gave an unpleasant smile and walked away. Isaac watched as he left and was red with anger. I saw his hands shaking a bit.

"Why do you stay with this creep!?" He spat

I couldn't leave Jackson no matter how bad I wanted to. I tried once. But he found me then beat me till I was black and blue. I am to scared to leave him. I mean who knows? If I try to get away again. He will probably kill me. Literally. I spared Isaac the details of why I couldn't leave. Mainly because it hurt to talk. The only words I managed to get out were

"I can't"

"Tara. Tara, look at me! You are stronger than this! Tell Jackson you want nothing to do with him anymore!"

"Don't you think I've tried that!? Isaac, I've tried telling him that I was done with him and I was going to leave! But he's just too strong!"

"Tara.. I'm worried about you. I can't stand to watch him take advantage of you! Do you even like kissing him?"

I looked down at my trembling hands. I guess Isaac didn't see Jackson squeezing the life out of me during the kiss. And in a way, I was glad. I would rather no one knowing about the abuse that goes on in my life. Who knows what Jackson would do if he heard someone snitched on him. I guess it made him feel like a man to hurt me or others. He was good at taking power away from someone. He even did it to one of his bosses at work. He was arrested for beating his manager to where the poor man almost lost his life. No one testifyed against him, the manager was too scared to, so Jackson was let off with a slap on the wrist. He doesn't have a job now because of his need for power. I don't think Isaac has a clue of what Jackson has done to me.

I looked down at my phone. My lunch break was over.

"I have to get back to work."

I got up and grabbed the dishes when Isaac softly grabbed my arm the same place Jackson had grabbed previously. But even the softest touch hurt like hell. I spun in his direction looking at his hand on my arm. He quickly let go.

"Take care of yourslef okay?"

He looked at me with his large hazel eyes.

I slowly nodded my head and went back to work.

----

Time seemed to go by really fast. It was already 9:15PM and I got off of work at 9:30PM. It's Sunday so the resturant closes early. On weekdays it closes around 10. Fridays and Saturdays around 1

9:30PM. I couldn't wait to get home. Curl up in my bed and fall into an endless sleep. I just had to wait fifteen minutes.

I went into the kitchen and found Jacques. He is head chef.

"Hello Jacques." I greeted

"Hello! How is my beautiful girl."

He greeted back in his deep french accent.

"I'm doing good."

He looked at my face in disbelief. I guess I wasn't as good a liar as I thought I was. His face lit up, as if he had just solved a mystery.

"My dear, you look depressed! Tell Uncle Jacques! What has put such a sad look upon your face?"

He likes to call himself "Uncle Jacques" because he is old. He is in his mid-sixties I think. I'm only twenty. Somehow he could always tell when I'm down. Even if I was wearing a smile. I would usually tell him everything... But not this time.

"Nothing. I'm fine." I smiled reassuringly.

He didn't believe me, but he never forced me to talk to him. That's what I liked about him.

"Well when you want to talk. I am always here."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

AUTHORS NOTES:

I really hope you guys like it! Be ready for the next chapter! It's intense!

VOTE//COMMENT//SHARE