Chapter 7

(Long Chapter)

LIAM'S POV

---

I sat in the emergency room. In front of the room that she currently occupied. I sat there with my head in my hands, elbows on my knees, legs spread apart, looking at the floor.

Just sat there.

Waiting. Waiting for someone to tell me that she will be alright. Waiting for her to wake up. Waiting for some good news.

I was also wondering. Wondering why her boyfriend wasn't here? He should have been here worried sick about her. I don't even know her name and I'm praying to God that she's alright.

A doctor came out of her room. I jumped up. "Will she be alright?! Did she wake up? What is going on!?" I frantically asked.

The doctor looked at me calmly.

"She is going to be okay."

I let out a sigh in relief.

"Are you the one who called?" He asked.

"Yes. I am."

"And what is your relation with the patient?"

I wanted to say boyfriend. But I knew that would cause a series of problems. I looked down to my shoes.

"I'm a friend."

"Well she will be sleeping for a while. You may go in there and wait for her to wake up, or just go home and come back tomorrow."

Say no more. I walked past him making my way to her room.

"But sir!" He called

I turned in his direction.

"She is in great pain. Therfore no hugs, or any type of physical contact until she is awake and able to say what hurts." He warned.

I wasn't planning on touching her. I just wanted to be there when she woke up. I just nodded and stepped in her room.

She was so peaceful. So quiet too. The only breathing I heard was my own. I sat back in a chair against the wall. Crossed my arms on my chest. My legs were stretched out. I just starred at her. She looked like Sleeping Beauty waiting for her prince to awaken her with a kiss. I wanted to be that prince. I mean, weren't they strangers also?

I suddenly found myself pulling my chair closer to her. I wasn't even a full inch away from her bed. "Hi. I'm Liam Payne. I was the one who found you in that small alley by the cinema. Oh, and I helped you with the old butter machine. I know this may sound weird but I really want to get to know you. Afterall, I am the only one here for you, as of right now. But if you give me the chance, I will be here for you all the time. Please wake up. Open your beautiful eyes. Do something to let me know that you want to get to know me too."

I gently grabbed her hand. Disobeying the doctors orders. I brought my head down to kiss her hand. My lips gently set upon her lifeless hand. I know that is a bit creepy but I don't care. I was going to get to know this girl whether she wanted to know me or not.

"Please. Let me know." I whispered.

She took a deep breath in. The kind when your sleeping and just need a little more oxygen. I smiled. Even though breathing is natural, I knew that she was giving me an answer. I moved my chair back to the wall. I was a bit tired. I looked down at my phone.

1:37AM

I put my jacket on, layed my head against the wall and fell asleep.

---