Chapter 24

I stood there. Watching him with no movement what so ever. Should I wait till he awakens so he could actually witness the pain? Or should he be sleeping and I do what I need to do, then I act like nothing happened?

The memories of him choking me, hitting me, and throwing things at me filled mind. Before I knew it, I was standing right next to him, caressing his cheek, slowly making my way down his neck. "Remember when you grabbed me here?" I asked putting my hand on his neck in the same position he did at the cinema. "You picked me up like this, and laughed seeing my struggle."

The heart monitor started to speed up. Something inside told me that the machine was hooked up to my heart instead of Jackson's. My heart was pounding in anger. "You took everything from me, but yet, I don't think you understand how much that actually is?" Everything built up inside me could be released right here, right now. I could show him that I was no longer going to let him hurt me. I can do all the same things he did to me in this very moment. But why was I hesitating? Why am I not squeezing his neck the way he did mine? Why am I not punching him, or kicking him? Why am I so weak?

Everything went silent. I looked down on him and the tears came running down. "I want to, I really want to. But I'm not the same monster you are." I dropped down to my knees and started to sob. "I'm not a monster." I whispered. I didn't say that because I wanted him, or anyone else to hear it. I said it because I needed to believe it. I needed to believe I didn't push Liam away with my hurtful words. I needed to believe that I didn't really want the gun to physically hurt the man laying on top of this bed. I needed to believe I wasn't weak, but strong for not going through with such evil thoughts.

I picked up my head and looked at him. I noticed his chest rising and falling. This was a human being too. No matter how evil or inhumane he is. My heart shifted from wanting to hurt him, to making sure he was okay. I stood on my feet and sat in the chair by the window. I looked at the time. 3:37AM. As soon as I set my phone down, I drifted to sleep.

---

It seemed like ten minutes later, I was awoken by Jackson's loud moaning. It almost seemed like almost a cry. I slowly looked up to see his eyes open and confused. He shifted up at the sight of me but winced in pain laying back down.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He asked taking deep breaths.

"I came to see if you're okay." I lied.

"Well it's because of your dumbass that I'm in this mess! Do you have any idea what you put me through? Your fagget friend shot me because of you! You just had to be a hoe and f*ck around with that asshole Liam! I bet all he wants is yo--"

I jumped on top of him, I was straddling him, but not in a sexual way. I looked at him with fire in my eyes. I held his neck the way I did before. His eyes grew wide in fear. "NEVER talk about Liam that way!" I scolded.

"G-get off of me bitch!" He demaned.

"Look Jackson, I didn't bring my tired ass over here to hear your big ass mouth. To be honest I came here to cause you even more pain then you are already in! So you better pipe down before I actually carry my thoughts out!" I shouted.

A nurse walked in and saw me on top of him. She blushed and immediately shut the door. I hadn't realised how tight I was holding onto his neck until he was gasping for air. I looked at him in disgust and let go. He gulped in air as if I held his neck that long.

"Y-You're crazy!" He exclaimed, catching up with his breath.

"And you made me that way." I replied sitting back down.

---

Moments past and neither one of us said a word. The only sound being made is the sound of the heart monitor. I sat there glaring at the baseboards on the floor.

"W-Why are you here?" He asked looking at the ceiling.

"I'm here because at three in the morning I recieved a call that you were here." I answered.

"No. I mean, why are you still here?"

I didn't know how to answer that question. Why was I still here? I already established that I wasn't going to hurt him? What was my purpose? "If you want me to leave, I'll leave and never come back." I said with an attitude.

"No!- No.. I want you here." He admitted.

I furrowed my eyebrows. After everything he's done to me, he wants me around? Is this apart of his sick mind? Does he want me around because it reminds him of everything he's done? How he man-handled me over and over? Or does he want me around because I am the only one who really stayed in his life?

My thoughts were soon interrupted by a slamming of the door. Kristie took one look at him and bursted into tears. "Oh Jackson baby what happened?! Are you okay!? Where does it hurt I'll help you honey! I'll make it all better!" She held onto Jackson's face constantly kissing him. He didn't look like he was enjoying it at all.

"I'm fine babe. But do me a favour and get off of me." He asked. She obeyed and turned around to see me. I tried my hardest to ignore their encounter.

"What are you doing here?" She scoffed.

I rose to my feet not wanting to deal with her bullshit. I kept a stern face. "Nothing. I was just leaving."

She smiled with an attitude as I took my steps closer to the door.

"Tara wait!" Jackson called. I looked back wondering what he could possibly want. "Kris? Fancy getting me some water from the nurse. My throat is quite parched." He asked.

She frowned at Jackson. "Fine." She gave him a big sloppy kiss. I cringed at the sight. I reckon she just did that because she is "marking her territory". But I had no interest in taking it over. She smiled and shoved past me. I rolled my eyes. This was the bullshit that I was talking about.

"What do you want Jackson, I'm tired." I said leaning against the door frame. My keys jingling in my hand.

"I miss you Tara. I miss us. I know I've been a huge dick in the past but I'll change for you babe. I promise. Just take me back." He pleaded with sympathetic eyes.

I looked to the floor. This wasn't happening. He wasn't serious. He couldn't be! There is not an ounce in his body that feels anything towards me. "I'm sorry Jackson, but your time has run out." I said walking away.

"I love you." He admitted for the very first time in two years.

^*^*^*^*^

A/N:

Whoaaaaa :o So what do you guys think ? Do you think Tara was right for choking him? Do you think she is turning into him? Should Tara take Jackson back?

Make sure you vote Chapter 25 is being written as you read and if you VOTE then I will upload it TODAY!