Chapter 14

Tara's POV:

My breathing was so deep I felt like I was going to faint. It was really early in the morning. I couldn't fall back to sleep. The thought of ever kissing Jackson again scared me.

Sweat was dripping down my face. I entered my bathroom and slowly took my clothes off, in caution of putting myself in any more pain.

Being in the shower gave me loads of time to think. What was mainly on my mind was how I would completely end it with Jackson. I know he won't take it well. It could even mean another beating. But I'm ready and willing to fight. I'm not going to let him run my life anymore. I'm not going to live in pain, I'm tired feeling scared of a new day.

I'm done.

Whilst I thought of all this I heard a noise coming from my living room. I turned the water off, grabbed my towel, and went to investigate.

I slowly stepped through the hallway. I was hoping to see that something had just fallen. There was nothing in my living room. I looked towards the kitchen to see Jackson stepping out with a water bottle.

"Oh! Look who decided to bring her lazy ass home." He mocked "I like what you're wearing is that a new look?" He joked knowing all I had on was a towel.

I stood there in shock. Not knowing what to do. I couldn't break it off right now, I needed a little bit more time to think that through.

"Hellooo?" Jackson said trying to break my daze.

"RUN TARA!" My conscious screamed inside my head. "RUN! GET AWAY FROM HIM!"

I obeyed. I quickly spun around and bolted for my bedroom.

"Dammit Tara!" I heard him yell as he ran after me.

It seemed like my room was miles away. When I finally got there, I tried slamming the door but he was right behind me. I couldn't lock the door because he broke the knob off of it before.

I tried to push the door closed while he tried to push it open.

So many things were going through my head. What was he going to so with me when he finally gets this door open? How much longer can I keep this door closed? How am I going to get away? What if he kills me? Is there anyone around to save me?

I couldn't hold much longer, and we both knew that. I could hear him laugh. His laugh angered me.

"JACKSON LEAVE I DON'T WANT TO BE WITH YOU ANYMORE! JUST GO YOU'RE NOT WELCOME!" I cried.

I could hear him laugh even harder. Suddenly I got the door to close all the way. He seemed to back away from the door.

I stopped crying and tried to calm my breathing.

Did he leave?

I didn't dare look. I turned to see my window then ran straight towards it trying to unlock it. Once I opened the window I started to climb out.

I didn't care that I had no clothing on. I just needed to get away from him.

I was ready to jump out when I felt giant hands wrap around my waist.

"Oh no you don't." Jackson said as he dragged me back into my room.

I put up a great fight. I made it a struggle for him to bring me back.

There were hardly any people outside. Then I noticed my neighbours from across the way, a little old lady tending to her garden.

"HELP! PLEASE HELP ME! RING THE PO--" I screamed.

Jackson put his hand over my mouth whilst he dragged me completely in the room. I don't know if she heard me. I prayed to god that she did.

"Will you shut the hell up!"