Chapter 16

Liam's POV:

It was a bright morning. I didn't get much sleep last night because I kept thinking about Tara. I didn't want to leave her, but she said she'll be fine. I was worried for her safety. It was, afterall, the same day she was released from the hospital.

I also kept thinking about that boyfriend of hers. Other than being a total arse, there was something about him that wasn't right. Especially at the cinema when Tara was sitting in front of the toilets. How he just dragged her out of there. Then not long after that she was found in the back of the building almost dead. And how he shook her violently in the hospital which caused a fight. And the missing door knob from Tara's flat, that apparently he caused.

Of course! Why was I such an moron!? He was the one who did that to her! It only made sense! How could I have not seen that before!?

Anger struck over me. The person that was closest to her had done this to her. And I was to dumb to see it! I had to find Tara! I needed to apologize for being so stupid and clueless.

I got in my car and drove to Tara's flat. I was practically speeding. I remebered how to get there because her flat wasn't to far from where I lived.

As soon as I got there I ran to her door and knocked as hard as I could.

"Tara! Tara open the door! I need to talk to you!"

"Excuse me?" I heard a woman say.

I turned to see a little old lady standing in Tara's yard. She looked very concerned.

"May I ask what buisness you have here?" She asked

"I just need to talk to my gir....friend. I need to talk to my friend." I said sheepishly

"Well I'm sorry to tell you this love, but she's in the hospital."

My eyes grew wide. My heart dropped. I didn't believe the lady, and barged in the house.

"TARA! Where are you!?" I said with tears falling down my cheek.

I ran to her bedroom. No sign of her. I looked in her bathroom and she wasn't there either.

I walked back into her room and sat on the duvet in shock. If this old lady was telling the truth that something happened to Tara I don't know what I'm going to do. I needed to gather my thoughts before getting back on the road.

Suddenly a phone went off. I turned to see what I believed to be Tara's phone. I picked it up and read the message that was sent to her.

"Jackson-

Round Two?(; This time no escape...xx"

I knew what he meant. What a sick bastard. Tara couldn't have wanted that. He probably forced her. I was ready to kill him.

I felt my phone in my pocket go off. I was getting a call.

"Hello?" I said trying to hide the anger in my voice.

"Is this Mr. Liam Payne?" A woman asked

"Yes, who is this?"

"My name is Ana. Im from the local hospital, you've gotten a request to come down here from Tara Blake. Do you know of her?"

"Yes! What room is she in?"

"Room 107"

"I'll be there shortly."

---

Tara's POV:

Isaac and I sat in the hospital room. the doctor had to run some tests. They had already done the rape kit, which was embarrassing enough. The detectives had yet to arrive, but I didn't care I just wanted to see Liam.