Chapter 26

2 WEEKS LATER

{Tara's POV}

I was in a deep sleep, but it was rudly interrupted by the alarm on my phone. I squinted my eyes trying to adjust to the brightness.

I sluggishly got up and got dressed for work. I had bills to pay and staying home depressed was not beneficial to me. It was different without Isaac. He had been put into jail but his grandmother bailed him out, so right now he's on probabtion. His sentence would have been worse if he did it out of cold blood, or at least that's what I've been told. I still don't know what happened completely. I got bits and pieces of the story from John, Isaac was denied visitors for the first week. So I planned to go to visit him today and get a full explanation.

I didn't really want to ask Jackson after everything he said to me. How he missed us. How he wanted to start over. He seemed so genuine. I've never seen him look so apologetic to anyone. But I can't, I can't go back to him. I'm not going to let him hurt me the way he did all over again. I would be an idiot to bring him back into my life! The truth is, my anger towards him was dying. I wasn't as mad as I used to be. It was almost like that part of my life was gone. Like Jackson and I never happened, but I felt like I had to remember him, because no matter how evil he was towards me, if it wasn't for him I would have never met Liam.

Being without Liam was hard. I felt like half of me was missing. The first couple nights I went without sleep. Tossing, and turning in my bed constantly thinking about him. I had to tell myself that I had to stop this madness before I go insane. I felt like everything that happened between us was nothing. Our breakup was unexpected and stupid. I wanted to hate him, but I missed him. I missed him so much. I haven't talked to him since our break, and it killed me. Sometimes I would have this sudden burst of tears. I've got them under control now though. I found it unacceptable to have these tears run at work. You can even say I used work as a "keep-busy distraction".

I did some last minute preparation before heading off to work. I like to clear my mind of everything and focus on getting through the day. Because that's how I live. To just get through the day.

-

"Good morning Tara." John greeted.

"Hello." I replied putting my bag into a small locker.

"How are you today?" He asked.

"I'm fine. Just here to get some work done." I answered with no emotion.

"I'm glad you said that. Do you mind working overtime tonight? Stacy is taking off today and we need someone to do laundry." He explained.

"No problem John. I'll do it."

"Thank you Tara." He smiled disappearing back into his office.

---

{Liam's POV}

I wasn't in the mood to do anything today. It was Saturday so I didn't have to go to work. I just layed in my bed staring at the cieling. Looking at the cieling reminded me of the night Tara stayed over with me. I remember looking up as she kissed me softly. I remember savouring every moment we spent together. The thoughts only amplifyed my longing for her. I just wanted her back.

But Isaac had really gotten to me for the past couple of days. Everything that he said to me replayed in my head. "Smooching her down to her bed", that's exactly what I was doing. Whether I meant to or not. "She needs to get her life back together before she starts thinking about ending or starting relationships." I guess I didn't want to look at it that way. It was the truth and I chose to ignore it.