033

cindy wanted to give herself a few hours to think about her 'relationship' with jack.

but those few hours turned into days, and eventually weeks.

she removed him from every social media, including blocking his number.

she would get several messages but she blocked them all. she wanted nothing to do with him, she didn't let him explain what happened.

she wanted to think that their was an explanation to all this but she couldn't lie to herself.

in her eyes, he betrayed her.

she was so upset at him, that she found herself spending more time with jacob. at first it was to get distracted from
jack but she realized she couldn't use jacob.

he has won her kindness little by little, making her get more comfortable around him. they both had lots of things in common, more than jack and her.

soulmates, would be the perfect word to describe them.. but not the romantic type, at least not now.

CINDY KIMBERLY
🗓 August 12, 2022
📍Griffith Park Trails

"no wait i'm tired" cindy said, putting her hands on her knees to try and get her breath back.

"come on grandma" jacob chuckled, jogging in place. "layla's still got energy" he referred to his dog.

"but i don't" she said, breathless, "i can't" she shook her head, still looking down.

"one more round, come on"

cindy sighed, putting her hands on her waist, "no, lets just walk"

"we've been here twenty minutes, come on we got thirty more to go" he began running again.

she groaned but followed behind him, running at her own pace.

after an hour of cindy stopping and getting left behind by jacob, they finally took a break.

"you do this everyday at this time?" she asked laying on the grass.

"everyday, including sundays if i'm not busy" he drank his water.

"i'm coming with you tomorrow then- that's if you wanna bring me after today" she laughed, sitting up.

"no i'm not bringing you again. you held back my schedule. i would've been home already, showered and with a full stomach, ready to go on set" he sarcastically said.

"i'll do better tomorrow" she smiled, calling layla over to her. "what are you doing later?" she rubbed layla's tummy.

"i'm just going to go over the lines for tomorrow's scene"

"do you wanna come over to my house and watch a movie? i wanna test out this project i recently got.. my sister and her boyfrie- a guy friend" she corrected herself, "my sister and her friend are coming over"

"so what, is that like a double date?" he smiled.

she let out a shy giggle, "do you want it to be?"

jacob shrug her shoulders, still smiling.

"jack you- jacob" she corrected herself, making his smile fade away. she noticed his blank expression and felt bad, "i'm sorry, it-"

"its fine" he nodded, "its alright" he gave her a fake smile. "we should get going" he stood up, tying the leash back onto layla's collar.

RAINE EVANS
🗓 August 12, 2022
📍Atlanta, Georgia

"i told you karma exists. look what happened to her" raine said crossing her arms.