057

CINDY KIMBERLY
🗓 May 30, 2023
📍Los Feliz, California

"cindy, we need you to breathe" the doctor instructs as cindy hyperventilated. "it's not good for the baby" she adds. when cindy doesn't calm down, the doctor calls for a breathing mask.

"no," cindy says as she sees the mask get passed to the doctor. jack drops his head into his hands at her stubbornness and sighs.

"then relax. if you can't, this goes on" she warns as cindy nods.

esme gets up and walks over to her sister to help her calm down. she grabs her hand and cindy looks up at her. "what are you going to do when you get home tomorrow?" she asks, trying to distract cindy to calm her down.

"i don't know, hopefully he'll will be asleep so i can get some rest"

"i'll take care of him if he wakes up. you can sleep as long as you want" esme says as cindy gives her a smile. her heart rate went down. "if you can go anywhere with cristian, where will his first vacation be?" she asks.

cindy thinks about it, but she doesn't know where their first vacation will be. she's always wanted to go to chicago during christmas because of her favorite christmas movie, home alone.

"chicago" she says.

"you're not going to visit me in in east los?"

cindy sucks her teeth and immediately winces after she feels pulses or pain in her lower abdomen.

"whats wrong?" esme asks, becoming concerned.

cindy opens her mouth, but all that comes out is a painful groan. the nurse pulls back the cover to check how dilated she is, and her eyes widen.

"it's time to start pushing, cindy" she says.

the doctor takes her place and cindy looks over at jack, a look of horror on her face.

"i'm not ready yet" she says, eyes watering as she gets anxious. she tries to calm down her breathing, but it only stresses her out more.

"yes you are baby, just look at me" jack instructs, trying to keep calm for her.

cindy grips his hand with all her strength as the doctor tells her to push. she groans out in pure pain and sweat starts to bead on her forehead.

"come on, you can do it" jack continues. "call my parents and ask how far are they" jack tosses his phone to esme.

cindy pushes again, and everyone around her encourages her to keep doing so, but she blocks it out because it was driving her crazy.

squeezing his hand tighter, she pushes again, panting at all of the energy she's putting in.

"come on, baby" jack continues to encourage.

"i see a head!" the doctor says.

cindy continues to push, her body feeling worn out and exhausted, but she kept going.

"one more big push!" the doctor yells and cindy does as she says, when she hears a cry.

jacks eyes tear as he sees his boy being cleaned up, while cindy pants in relief and closes her eyes.

she feels jack's lips on her forehead and places her hand on his cheek. tears slide down jack's cheeks but he doesn't wipe them away. cindy opens her eyes and wipes them for him and turns her head to kiss him.

the doctor carries the baby over to them, handing cristian to cindy. her eyes water the moment her son is placed in her arms and she holds him to her chest, rubbing his back while he cries.