Chapter 1

Alette

£52.17

That is the exact amount of money I have left in my bank account.

If we are being more specific I technically have -£1,447.83 in my bank account considering I am knees deep in my student overdraft. Which brings me to where I am right now; standing outside a nudist hotel, slightly terrified, largely intrigued and desperately hopeful, with everything crossed that the next hour of my life goes smoothly enough that I am offered a job so I can begin to crawl my way out of debt slowly.

I am hyper aware of how insane I look right now as I stand at the side of the building attempting to fan my armpits by wafting my jumper around in a lousy effort to cool down. I seriously underestimated just how hot mid September can be in sunny Brighton. But really what else am I going to do to kill 25 minutes other than blotting my face and fanning myself to make myself look like somewhat of a normal functioning human before I meet my potential new employer. I absolutely hate job interviews, I'm sure no one particularly likes them, but it makes me feel sick. Of course overshadowed the presence of impending poverty breathing down my neck which also doesn't help much.

Glancing at my phone again for what feels like the hundredth time I realise I was in my own thought bubble for longer than I thought as I now have precisely 11 minutes until my scheduled interview time. I open up my phone to study the job advertisement one last time before I go in so I can remember about the establishment and what they want in a candidate so that I can blag my way through this interview and make them believe I am their absolute dream employee.

Receptionist role to work at Brighton's Beauty of Nature hotel.

We are an esteemed naturist hotel in the quiet side of the sunny seaside town of Brighton. With a ten minute walk from the beach, we have a lovely location for our hotel with a twist. You can visit our website at www.brightonbon-hotel.com for more information about us and the message behind the making of our hotel.

We are looking for a friendly, non judgmental and open minded person to join our Brighton team in fulfilling the receptionist role. As we are a members hotel you will build up a rapport with our clients so a friendly face and kind smile is a must. There are part time and full time hours available. A flexible schedule can be arranged. Other positions may be available later on after the construction work on our hotel expansion for the new fetish club is completed.

Starting time would ideally be immediate if you are deemed successful. Receptionist experience is desired but not essential as full training will be provided.

If you think you fit the bill please send your CV to the email address below and we will aim to get back to you as soon as possible!

The idea of working in an establishment like this should scare me or embarrass me, but it doesn't. I'm rather intrigued my it instead and I'm not quite sure why. And besides I'm only working reception anyway so whenever I meet anyone they will be fully clothed.

Deciding to go in 5 minutes early I open my phone to go onto the camera in one last attempt at making myself look presentable. I fiddle around with the hair as much as I can to try and make it look effortlessly perfect I reach the conclusion that's not going to happen due to the fact my once voluminous curtain bangs have dropped and may hair is starting to frizz. With a huff I scramble around my tote bag, looking like an idiot I'm sure, as I reach around to the bottom of my bag to grab my gold butterfly wing hair clip. Pulling the front sections of my hair to meet each other at the back of my head I secure them in place with my hair clip and fluff up my bangs. Once I am satisfied that this is the best I'm going to do at this moment in time I close my eyes and take a deep breath.