Chapter 11

*TW; mentions of sick/throwing up*

Alette

"Okay that's it, I let you be all weird and quiet last night because I could tell you didn't want to speak about it but you're still being all weird and quiet so we're speaking about it. Spill" Georgia abruptly speaks as she lightly throws her text book onto the table in front of us directing all her attention towards me.

"Weird and quiet?" I repeat in amusement as I too put my textbook down.

"Yes, ever since you got home from work yesterday you've been acting weird and you've got about 30 minutes until your next lecture so spill"

I softly smile at her as I fiddle with my pen.

"Nothing's wrong George" I try to play it off but Georgia is having none of it.

"You're my best friend, do you really think you can get anything past me, I know you Ally" she leans forward to look at me closer.

"Really Georgia it's nothing, just Silas acted a bit weird yesterday" I explain.

"How? In what way?" She furrows her brows at me.

"We were just talking in his office and we got a bit close and flirty and he leant down to kiss me and right as he was about to he backed away and said I should go home because my shift ended. It wasn't anything serious and he wasn't rude or anything it was just weird how he changed up so quickly, I don't know" I explain briefly, still trying to wrap my head around it.

"That is weird because from what I've heard he totally has the hots for you, maybe he's a commitment phobe" she shrugs.

"But it's not like I was asking to be his girlfriend, I didn't even ask him to kiss me he's the one that leaned in!" I wave my hands around as I speak. "I'm just overreacting it was nothing, I just feel weird that's all"

"Hey don't diminish your emotions like that you can feel however you want to feel, especially because you like the guy"

"I've barely known him a week!" I try to defend myself.

"Do you find him attractive?" Georgia asks with her brows raised.

"obviously"

"Does he make you feel safe?"

"Yes"

"Does he make you feel protected?"

"Yes"

"Does he make you laugh?"

"Yes" I try to stifle my smile.

"Well then there you go, he makes you feel comfortable and safe and that's all you care about, you like him" Georgia explains slowly.

"Yeah I guess I do" I groan. "This is such a disaster" I lay my head in my hands.

"Why is it?"

"Because he's my boss, he's way out of my league and he doesn't like me like that" I grumble.

"I highly doubt that, and he's not really your boss, technically Sarah is" I just roll my eyes at her. "You'll be fine Ally, if he doesn't see how great you are then his loss but I'm willing to bet he'll come crawling back"

"Now I highly doubt that" I say to which Georgia rolls her eyes this time.

"Come on, you better make a move to get to your lecture. I'll meet you there after you've finished and we can head to Mash together to meet up with the group" Georgia starts to stand gathering all her stuff and I groan as she reminds me of our plans to get together with our postgrad meet up group at the pub later.