Chapter 29

Alette

There's something about being in love around Christmas that makes it feel so much more special.

It makes the lights seem to twinkle brighter, the Christmas carols sound happier, the fire seems warmer.

It feels cozy, comfortable, warm.

It's like something I've never felt before, and it's all thanks to the wonderful man sat in front of me barking orders down the phone to some poor soul who happened to pick up the phone, not that he is actually aware that I am in love with him but still.

Even when he's angry he looks perfect.

"If I don't receive the correct coloured tiles by 4pm tomorrow I swear to god I will tear your company down... I don't care that it's almost Christmas and shipping is slow you should've thought about that before fucking up my order. Fix. It!" Silas practically shouts down the phone before slamming it down and running a hand through his hair in frustration.

"Sorry about that baby, this company has been a nightmare to work with"

"You're so hot" I blurt out as I snap out of my daze.

Since I walked into his office 10 minutes ago to spend our lunch break together, only to find him having a heated conversation with a manufacturer on the phone, I have watched him completely mesmerised as he remains in grumpy work mode, a side of him I rarely ever bare witness to.

My flustered state clearly feeds his ego as a smirk spreads across his face and he leans back in his office chair.

"You like seeing me angry do you angel?" He plays with one of his silver rings as he keeps his heated gaze locked on mine.

Since we first had sex a few days ago we have turned into rabbits, even more so than before, tearing at each others clothes any second we get.

But something about seeing him look so powerful and in charge sets an electrical current off inside me.

"You like it when I get aggressive and commanding. When I order people around?" He lays his arms down to rest against the arms of his office chair and completely relaxes. "You like it when I order you around huh angel?"

"Mhm" I nod my head and bite my lip to keep any sounds from escaping.

"Come here" he says and like I'm completely under his spell my body moves before my brain catches up to what he said and I'm suddenly stood between his open legs.

From where I'm stood I look down at him ever so slightly and can see just how tired he his.

The club project has been draining him recently as everything seems to be going wrong from plumbing issues, to a worker getting into a minor accident and having to have time off work, to now the wrong things being delivered. It's all taking a tole on him.

I rake my hands through his hair to try and sooth him.

"Are you okay my love? You seem tired" I say to him softly when he leans forward and rests his forehead against my stomach.

"Mmm" is the only response I get as I start to rub his shoulder to rid of some tension.

"What can I do to help? What do you need?" I dig my thumbs into his tense shoulder muscle, rubbing in slow circles.

Silas doesn't answer me for a while and for a moment I think it's because he's fallen asleep, but he moves back in his seat to look up at me before he finally answers me.

"I need to be inside of you"

I. Am. Speechless.

That was not what I expected him to say at all.