Chapter 13

Alette

"Oh. My. God! Alette come look!" Georgia's yelling is the first thing I hear when I wake up. It startles me so much that I instantly shoot up out of bed throwing my dressing gown on as I peel my door open heading towards her in a fast pace.

"What? What?" I rush over to her preparing to see either a rodent of some kind or a big spider.

"Look at how beautiful these flowers are" she turns towards me holding out a beautiful bouquet of pastel coloured flowers of all sorts; roses, daises, cherry blossom, babies breath, dahlias, gerberas etc.

"Georgia they are beautiful but if you've just woken me up to show me some flowers you got I'm going to lovingly murder you" I rub my eyes and send her a clenched teeth smile.

"No darling, these have been sent for you by a certain man who says he's your future husband"

"Oh" I reply and my cheeks warm up, "really?"

"Yep, look" she holds them out for me to take and I spot a card sticking out the top.

I place the flowers on the counter and pick up the card to read it.

Hope you're feeling better darling.

Text me when you get these,

- Silas

His number is written at the bottom of the card and I instantly grab my phone to add it into my contacts as if it would disappear any second.

Smiling to myself I place my phone onto the counter and stare at the flowers again.

"Oooo someones in love" Georgia teases me and pinches my side.

"Shut up" I roll my eyes at her.

"So what are you gonna text him?" she says as she looks over at me from where she is perched on one of the stools in the kitchen.

"I'm just gonna say thank you. Why, what else should I say?"

"How about that you love him and you want to marry him and have his babies" Georgia teases me.

"Shut up, I do not" I lightly shove her shoulder as she laughs to herself.

"Whatever" I hear her mutter but choose to ignore it as I pick up my phone to text Silas.

I must've been staring at my phone for a bit too long because Georgia's voice startles me.

"Just say thank you, I was only joking earlier" she says softly to me as she senses my inner conflict.

"But is that too boring?" I ask nibbling on the inside of my cheek.

"No it's not. Just say thank you and see what he responds with" she says with a shrug and I bring my attention back to my phone.

Silas

  Thank you for the flowers, they're beautiful xx

This is Alette btw

I'm glad you like them. How are you
feeling today? Xx

I'm okay thank you, just very hungry now xx

You need to eat some breakfast then Xx

I know but we only have boring Weetabix, and not even the nice kind
with chocolate chips in xx