Chapter 24

Just a couple minutes in complete silence you decided to break the tension,"We should leave. It's late and we need to come up with a proper plan on how to end Vecna, we can all talk about it tomorrow. I just don't know where we can go, we stole the trailer so I'm sure they'll be looking for it once we start driving back to Hawkins. Any ideas?"

No one said anything until Eddie said that there was a campsite nearby that's completely vacant, his uncle used to take him when he was younger. "We can all crash in the trailer but trust me, no one ever goes there. It's surrounded by woods but still pretty peaceful." Everyone agreed but then Erica said she was hungry and everyone else agreed that they were too,"Okay. Okay. Uh.. I don't know, I used all my money at the gun shop." Everyone started emptying their pockets and with no luck, no money. "I'm sure there is food in the trailer,I doubt those people wouldn't have any food." Eddie said and you all walk back down stairs and you notice Max just staring at the lantern. Placing your hand on her shoulder she jolted and apologized. "Are you okay? You know you can talk to me about anything." Giving her a hug hearing her whisper a thank you, following behind everyone back to the trailer and Eddie gave Steve directions on where to go.

It did not take long until you arrived at the vacant camp site, Erica and Dustin looked through all the cabinets and drawers finding food and everyone cheered and began to indulge in the cereal boxes and chip bags. Walking out of the trailer you took a deep breath feeling the light warm breeze blow through. Hearing crickets chirp and the light hoots in the distance of an owl, looking up at the night sky seeing all the beautiful stars. Deciding to lay down on the grass, you just stare up at the stars to try and find constellations, after a minute you feel somebody lay next to you. "I saved you a pop tart, got one before Dustin ate them all. What are you doing out here all alone? You okay, sweetheart?" Nodding your head yes and taking the pop tart from his hand continuing to look up at the sky,"There's just something about looking up at the night sky and seeing all the infinite stars...There's just a lot happening and right now I just feel a little bit of peace." Explaining to Eddie and you turn your head to look at him but he was already staring at you,"What?" you giggled not understanding why he was staring at you. "You're so beautiful. I promise, when this is all over. Just you and I. I'll work extra hard to get us a big house for us to live in and we'll start a family together. Just the two of us, I promise sweetheart. Smiling at his words you lean in close to him,"I love you Eddie Munson," pulling him close by the collar of his jean jacket and kissing him.

Going back into the trailer Eddie sat down on the couch and you saw that everyone settled in to sleep. You smiled seeing Erica, Lucas, Max and Dustin cramming themselves into the small bed. Steve fell asleep in the driver's seat and Robin is on the floor at the foot of the bed. Eddie extended his legs and held his hand out for you to lay with him, sitting in between his legs and your back against his chest. Feeling his fingers run up and down your arms made you smile at the warmth of his touch. Listening to his heartbeat and his chest gently raise up and down with every breath he took, your eyes started to get heavier until you finally fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Feeling a bright light on your eyes, you slowly wake up and look around, of course everyone is still sleeping. Gently getting up to not wake Eddie, you open up the cabinets and find a pack of cigarettes. Taking one out of the box you gently open the door of the trailer and walk outside, looking around the beautiful green meadow and seeing butterflies flutter around. Placing the cigarette to your lips you start to search your pockets for a lighter and groaning in disappointment not finding one.

Hearing voices from inside the trailer you walk back inside but are pushed by Lucas and Dustin who began to chase each other around. "You get back here! I had it first! Lucas!!" Dustin ran behind Lucas who had a bag of chips in his hands. Shaking your head you walk inside the trailer and see everyone, Eddie was opening cabinets and containers until he found a cookie jar and stuck his hand inside it and pulled out money from it. Wide eyed you turned to look at Steve and give him a worried look,"We can buy the necessities. Food and water just to get us through," Steve said while taking the money from Eddie's hands. "Wait! Hold on! We stole a trailer, we went to a gun shop to buy weapons and now we're going to steal money?! Who the hell are we?!" Robin yelled out starting to pace back and forth, you agreed. "Look! We'll return the trailer once this is all over and replace the money! Just shut up and let's get some supplies, who knows what Erica will do to all of us if we don't feed her." Steve turned to look at Erica who shook her head yes,"You damn right!"
"There's a gas station a few minutes out. We can walk there,"
"Eddie, you're not going anywhere. Steve and I can go, we'll come back with some supplies. Robin, you're in charge." You said while grabbing Steve's hand and walking out of the trailer and told Dustin and Lucas to behave while the two of you are out.