twenty two

Luke

"Babe," I felt someone kiss my cheek. Slowly, I opened my eyes to see Sierra sitting next to me, chuckling when I had fully regained consciousness. "You two fell asleep,"

"We did?" I yawned.

"Mhm, everyone's here," she told me. I looked over to see Amber hugging Petunia as she slept, clearly exhausted. I knew it was because she didn't sleep well last night, I didn't either.

"Shit, the food," I sat up.

"It arrived when I got back, it's all here," she promised. "Michael and Calum are getting plates,"

"I better go help,"

"I'll wake Amber up," she offered and I nodded, slowly getting up and joining everyone in the kitchen.

"Nice of you to join us," Michael joked.

"Sorry,"

"You're fine, we just hung out in your kitchen," Ashton laughed, walking over to fix my hair for me.

"How long were you here for?"

"Calum, Margaret, and I got here twenty minutes ago, Crystal, Michael, and Sierra just got home,"
"You could've woken me up,"

"You two looked peaceful," Margaret replied with a shrug.

"Plus you didn't sleep last night," Calum added. I nodded as I began to get the boxes out for the tacos. As everyone helped out to get things separated, I looked over to see Sierra gently trying to get Amber up. She definitely was someone who hated being woken up. I figured it was because she barely slept at her sister's house and now her body was trying to get that sleep back.

Once everything was set up, Sierra had finally convinced Amber to get up and eat, so she followed Sierra in with Petunia following closely behind. "Want to feed Petunia? You'll definitely be her favorite then," I offered Amber, who nodded as she rubbed her eyes. I showed her where the food was and how much to give her, which she did. Happily, Petunia began to eat, which was something she enjoyed along with sleeping. After we all got our food, we sat around and ate, all of us talking about the vacation. Ashton was going through the details for the flight, house, rental car, and other essentials.

Amber sat in between Margaret and Ashton as she ate quietly, but listened to Ashton. I loved seeing her interacting with our friends. I was worried she wouldn't want to be around them, but it was quite the opposite, she clearly adored them, especially Ashton. Seeing him seemed to bring a little bit of closure to everything that happened.

After we finished dinner, Sierra and I cleaned up dinner and put the leftovers in the fridge. "Do you think she'll do ok flying?" Sierra asked.

"I hope so," I sighed. We finished putting everything away and I looked over in the living room and didn't see Ashton or Amber. "Where are Ashton and Amber?"

"She wanted to show him her room," Margaret chuckled. "She's got him wrapped around her fingers,"

"There seems to be a lot of that going around," Sierra smiled. I went up and saw Ashton sitting on Amber's bed and she showed him everything in the room.

"What are you two up to?" I asked, making them look over.

"Showing Ashton my room,"

"A very detailed room tour," he laughed.

"Ashton said he's going to take me for ice cream,"

"Well that will be fun," I smiled and she nodded.

"Anything for my favorite niece," he grinned at Amber. "Should we go back down with everyone?"

"Yeah," Amber nodded.