Warm Bath

(This one shot includes nudity, comfort and soft smut.)

Upon entering the apartment, Kurapika collapses onto the couch, his eyes marked with dark circles and his hair messy. He huffs out a sigh, closing his eyes while rubbing his throbbing temples with his fingers tentatively. It had been an exhausting period away from you, and right now, he wanted nothing more than to relax in the presence of the person he trusts most.

"Kurapika, is that you?" You call out from the hallway as you enter the room, pausing briefly to take in his disheveled appearance, "You look exhausted."

His eyes open at the sound of your voice, a soft smile stretching across his face and relief filling his eyes, "Yes, my treasure," He replies in a tired tone as he sits up on the sofa.

Seeing you again after what he's been through eases some of the fatigue that he's feeling.

"Are you injured?" You question him with obvious concern, your eyes scanning him up and down and coming up empty.

"Physically, no," He responds, reluctantly continuing with, "Emotionally might be a different story."

You frown, thinking for a moment before extending a hand out for him, "Come with me."

Without a moment's hesitation, Kurapika reaches for your hand. His grip is slightly weak due to exhaustion but there's a sense of trust and reliance in his touch as he rises from the couch, "As you wish, my love."

You lead him to the bathroom where you begin to run a hot bath. Gingerly, you start undoing the buttons on his shirt jacket, easing it off his weary figure. There's a quiet sigh of relief that leaves his lips as Kurapika leans into your touch. His eyes continue to remain fixed on yours, an unspoken appreciation glowing within them.

"You're spoiling me," He murmurs with a faint smile. 

"Are you complaining?" You muse knowingly, a ghost of a smirk playing on your lips as you unfasten the first button on his white dress shirt.

Your response brings forth a light chuckle out of him despite his tired state, "Not at all," He says with a slight shake of his head and softening eyes as he looks down at you.

"Didn't think so," You remark, removing his dress shirt gently before moving to unbuckle his belt.

Kurapika allows you to finish undressing him, albeit with a faint blush dusting his cheeks. The kind attention you're providing makes him feel comfortable and cherished in your care, "Thank you," He gently whispers.

"No need to thank me," You state tenderly before kissing him on the cheek, "I care about you."

"I know," He says quietly, a warm smile pulling on his lips as his eyes meet yours, "And I care about you too."

He watches you strip off your own clothing with a mixture of admiration and gratitude, his gaze soft as he takes in your figure. His eyes hold nothing but love for the woman before him. He thinks to himself about how he has always found you beautiful in every way possible. Your strength, resilience, and compassion are just a few of many qualities that keep him drawn to you. 

You climb into the bathtub, sitting down and offering him a hand. Taking your extended hand, Kurapika slowly joins you. He sinks into the warm water with a satisfied sigh as he nestles against you, his eyes fluttering shut briefly before opening to look at you once more.

Sitting behind him with his back flush against your chest, you run your hands through his blonde locks, "Is the water hot enough?"

"Yes," The Kurta manages a subtle smile, leaning further into your touch, "It's perfect."