Can I Court You?

A permanent smirk adorns across his lips as he turns his attention away from the moment, allowing his eyes to truly take in her beauty. Park Chaeyoung wears a pout on her lips, after he refuses to tell her where he'd taking her. It's difficult too, for him not to spill the beans, especially when she looks as angelic as ever, sitting on the passenger seat of her Mercedes.

"Well, can you give me a clue at least?" She's practically begging now after a solid twenty-minute attempt, occasionally looking out the window trying to guess where they were heading.

"Come on Rosie, I didn't take you as someone who hates surprises," he retorts, "... just trust me in that it'll be fun. We're almost there anyway."

He doesn't realise that she's staring at him until he feels the softness of the tip of her finger against his cheek.

"Your dimple shows when you're smiling," she notes, "... it's cute."

"Cute?" He almost gasps, slightly offended by her vocabulary, "... I think you mean handsome."

"That too," she whispers, but loud enough for him to hear.

He cannot contain the way his chest tightens, almost as though he were so happy that he could genuinely die at any moment.

"You shouldn't say that so casually to a man," he warns her.

"The sun is setting," she notes, looking out at the window before turning her eyes back on him, "... it's really beautiful."

All he can think is that her beauty was greater than any of the world's greater wonders.

-

Everything seemed too good to be true.

There she was, looking at the red, oranges and pinks of the sunset-sky as Jeon Jungkook holds a duffle bag in one hand, leading her to his boat. They're walking by the pier, the wind in her hair in complete silence.

Yet she feels comfortable.

Park Chaeyoung feels content.

She notices that he's being careful beside her, and despite the way his free hand accidentally brushes against hers as they walk—not once does he hold onto her hand.

"We're not staying over night, right?" She inquires, pointing to the bag he was holding, "... I didn't bring anything."

He chuckles, shaking his head, "... we're having a picnic tonight."

She can't help but gasp in excitement, eyelashes fluttering with a glimmer of joy as she turns to him, "... really?"

He nods, the smile on his face showing that he was clearly content with his choice.

Park Chaeyoung turns around and keeps her eyes on the sunset before eventually they stand in front of the boat—not too big, but not small either. He holds his hand out to help her get in, and she figures she'd take the opportunity and not let go even when she's inside.

He freezes, looking at their intertwined hands before looking to her with confusion.

"What?"

She feels embarrassed.

Should she not have held his hand so tightly?

His mouth opens slightly to speak, though he's unable to form any articulate words.

"I'm sorry," she quickly realises, letting go of his hand as she believes she must've taken it too far.

But in a split second, he holds his hand out and intertwines it with her, "... no—I like it. I like it a lot."