Déjà vu.

Park Chaeyoung has been especially busy in the last few days, preparing for a big fundraiser event where all profits were being donated to an orphanage in Busan. Kim Taehyung, as one of her investors in Seoul, had gotten her connected with some friends that were planning on hosting the event in Busan, and of course, Park Chaeyoung was very willing to contribute. In fact, she wanted to support free of charge, but eventually the two settled on having a discounted wholesale price and a few extra free goodies.

Jeon Jungkook is a proud boyfriend.

He loves watching as she thrives in what she does, and she's clearly really happy too which helps a lot.

But he misses her a lot, especially because he'd gotten so to their daily routine and now, it had been two days and he hadn't even seen her!

Jeon Jungkook wishes for the fundraiser to finish early, so that he can finally have time with his girlfriend!

If it were up to him, he'd just donate a huge chunk of money and tell her not to bake, but he knew that it would be wrong—Park Chaeyoung loved to put her heart and soul when it came to her community service, and that was what made her so different to begin with.

When she asks him to bring her standing mixer from her apartment, he takes the opportunity and runs.

Any excuse to see her, even if its for a few minutes is a good one!

Confidentially walking into the bakery, he notices her standing in the front of the counter, talking to a tall man who she identifies as Kim Taehyung. But he doesn't know who the other is, and he's very tall (and admittedly, handsome).

He wonders whether he's wrong in seeing that she seemed really overwhelmed, and he wonders whether it's because of all the workload...

"Oh, Jungkook!" She waves and a smile spreads across her lips, "... you can just put it here."

Park Chaeyoung taps on the counter space beside her and he quickly does as he was told.

"Jungkook, you already know Taehyung. And this is Eunwoo, he's running the fundraiser," her voice is almost cautious at the second part, "... Eunwoo, this is my boyfriend, Jungkook."

-

For a moment, she thinks she's hallucinating.

It had been so long since she'd seen him and it was only recently that she'd stopped crying over him, and there he was, standing in front of her just as she remembered. She hates to admit it, but for a slight second, she admits that she still finds him to be a very attractive man.

"Eunwoo?"

Her voice, usually vibrant and loud was timid and uncertain, almost as though she needs to be sure first, that her eyes weren't playing tricks on her.

"It's been a while, right Roseanne?" He smiles at her, in the same expression she used to fall so deeply in, "... I didn't think I'd see you, had I known I would've styled my hair better."

He chuckles, almost shyly too and she can't help but wonder, was God playing a sick joke on her?

"You look great," she comments, truthfully.

Her mind was still trying to decipher everything that was happening.

"You do too too, even better than great," he responds to her.

"Do you two know each other?" Kim Taehyung questions, almost perplexed by the situation and wondering why it was that two people could really be standing beside him, acting as though he wasn't there, "... what kind of a coincidence is this?"

"We were friends back in Melbourne," Cha Eunwoo was the one who broke the silence this time, turning his eyes away from her onto the other man beside him, "... ah, you never told me this Rosie was Rosanne."

"Is Melbourne really that small of a city that you two can meet again in Busan?" Kim Taehyung questions.

"It's not..." she whispers, stilled shocked at the circumstances, "... I'm surprised too."

"Perhaps it's fate," Kim Taehyung shrugs, "... well I guess I don't need to introduce you two, but Cha Eunwoo is the one running the program. If things go well, we were talking about how we might try to run it in Seoul and a few other cities in Korea too."

He was just as she remembers, always passionately seeking ways to help others. Somehow, he memories fall back into the times where they were in high school, sharing about their hopes of dreams—back then, she wanted to get into surgery to save people, and he wanted to open a non-profit for children in need. They had meet volunteering, after all.

It was why she was attracted to him in the first place, and even now, nothing had changed.

He was the reason she wanted to be a surgeon in the first place, at one point and a life without him, seemed to make her dreams worthless.

Cha Eunwoo really broke her, even though she knows he's a good man otherwise.

Perhaps that's why it hurt so much, realising that she wasn't enough.

Her thoughts however were interrupted by the sound of the door opening, and she sees her boyfriend walking in with a standing mixer.

"Oh, Jungkook," Park Chaeyoung cannot help but smile, waving to him.

It feels a lot like déjà vu.

-

(ノ゚0゚)ノ~ me right now at my own fic