Hard Decision.

Park Chaeyoung begins to second guess herself as she stands in front of the door, holding the neatly folded black hoodie in her arms. She must've stood there for a least 3 minutes before she ends up putting in the keycode, the beeping sound welcoming her in as the door opens automatically. It wasn't until she took a step into his penthouse, that she realises the mistake she'd made and how clearly she was overstepping boundaries.

She's welcomed in by the familiar scent, a mix between vanilla and cashmere.

It's probably the candle she'd bought to liven the room, back when they were dating.

It had been a long time since she'd stepped food into his home, her second home, and it wasn't until she hear his voice, groggy and confused that she notices him wearing a thick parker and pyjamas pants with hair messy and discheveled.

"Chaeyoung? Is it really you?" He manages to croak almost.

She doesn't respond instantly, carefully putting his hoodie on the dining table as she takes a step closer to him, eyes analysing his condition from head to toe.

His face was paler than usual, and his eyes looked tired and lethargic.

"I came to your office and they told me you called in sick," she tells him softly, "... are you okay? You should go to the clinic."

He coughs, shaking his hand weakly, "... I'm fine. You could've dropped it off at your apartment lobby, I would've called someone to pick it up."

She remembers that he's always been sensitive to the rain, a part of her feeling guilty that it was because he was concerned for her that he'd gotten sick.

In the period that they'd dated, she learned that Jeon Jungkook was someone who rarely was cold. It appeared as though he was naked permanently in his home (fully, if not partially) and so to see him so cosy in winterwear was a great concern. As a former medical student, she couldn't let it slide.

"I'll make you some hot soup," she tells him, "... get yourself back in bed."

Jeon Jungkook opens his mouth to protest, but instead comes out a sneeze. He knows too, that he's in no condition to say no.

But he's also concerned.

"You should go back when you finished, you might get sick too if you come too close," he tells her, "... thank you for coming though, you really didn't need to."

"Jungkook," she gives him one stern look, "... get your ass back to bed now. Doctors order."

He simply smiles, almost tiredly across from one side of his lips before he nods. She turns her head to look into the kitchen for ingredients, thankful to hear the sound of his footsteps dragged against the marble floor.

Thank God he was gone, because for some reason—her heart was thumping fast, like it once did when she'd first fell for him.

Get it together!

-

He hates how natural it appears, for Park Chaeyoung to be in his home.

Ever since they'd broken up, Jeon Jungkook was beginning to feel as though his home wasn't truly his, but rather just as distant as a hotel overseas.

Having her again felt like another puzzle piece that finally found its place, and Jeon Jungkook hates to admit how much he's milking the situation, as her body is close against his as he helps him move up against the headboard in the sitting position so that he eat the soup in bed. His nose and senses aren't the best in his condition but seeing her alone and the soup forced an appetite.

"Why didn't you call your personal doctor to come?" She questions him as she blows carefully on the hot soup, before handing it to him.

"It's not that serious," he tells her, "... I was just going to sleep it off in time for afternoon meetings."

She rolls her eyes before putting the back of her palm against his forehead, "... you're ice cold Jungkook. If you even attempted to get in a car you'd probably pass out."

He likes it.

Jeon Jungkook likes the way that she still cares for him as she watches him carefully as he eats the soup.

"It's good," he compliments, swallowing his own breath, "... thank you, Chaeyoung."

She nods, "... sorry if the taste is bland, you don't have that many ingredients."

Even so, anything she made was good enough to warm the heart.

"You should make this a new menu item," he half jokes causing for her to roll her eyes as she playfully hits him.

"Good to see your sickness isn't hurting your sense of humour, hmm?" She crosses her arms shut, "... you need to take care of yourself, Jungkook."

"You too," he tells her, ".... don't overwork yourself too much also."

Even so, he thinks he'll still like to watch her and take care of her from afar, even if she doesn't realise it.

"I might not have to," she takes a deep breath, "... to work hard at the café anymore, I mean."

He can see the confusion, or more so the conflict in her face.

Jeon Jungkook wonders why he has a bad feeling about things.

"No...?" He questions.

"Eunwoo asked me to go back, to Melbourne," she tells him, "... I need to decide by the end of the week."

Was she really thinking of leaving permanently?

He wonders if it's selfish of him, to ask her not to go.

Jeon Jungkook holds his hand out weakly to her arm, "... but you love your café, are you really considering it?"

She doesn't look back at him, but even from the side, he can see the tears in her eyes.

"I miss my parents, a lot," she finally tells him, "... and everything in Busan reminds me of you."

"Don't go," he whispers, and he knows he's a greedy and selfish man, "... please don't leave, Chaeyoung."

"Please don't say that, Jungkook. You know you'll only make it harder for me to decide."