Scrunchie.

Park Chaeyoung realises how strange it is, that she sits by the side of his bed, watching as he slowly dozes off to sleep.

She thinks she should go and let him rest (she'd already returned the hoodie and made him soup) yet somehow, she takes a moment to just look at him, at the way his mouth slightly opens as he breathes out from his mouth, likely from the clogged nose he had. As much as she hates to admit it, she find its unbearably cute, yet her minds continues to think about the worlds he'd told her earlier, asking her not to leave.

She doesn't know, what to do.

But if she were honest, the only thing making her stay was a small glimmer of hope in her heart that she'd wake up from the bad dream of her true love being a bad man.

She sighs, seeing the way he fidgets slightly which makes her decide to quietly leave the room, yet when she closes the door, she decides to stay and wash up in the kitchen.

A part of her knows, that she's merely making excuses now, yet there she was, wiping the countertops and doing the rest of the dishes.

Until, she spots a hair scrunchie on the floor of the kitchen—bright pink.

And somehow, she feels furious.

Even though she had no right to be.

How care he have a girl over so soon?!

In the heart of her emotions, Park Chaeyoung clangs the cutlery a little too loudly against the stainless steal sink, and a few minutes later, Jeon Jungkook sluggishly walks to her, frowing.

"Chaeyoung, you can leave the dishes—I promise I'll do them when I'm feeling better—" he begins, stopping as he blinks to see her with tears in her eyes, "... what's wrong?"

She knows, she's irrational, but the hurt and pain in her couldn't be contained. Park Chaeyoung holds out the scrunchie.

"Who's is this? Because I know for a fact it's neither mine nor yours!" She yells, putting down the lash of the dishes against the rack as she rushes to her bag, not even bothering to dry her hands, "... how could you ask me to stay, knowing fucking well that you have some other woman here?"

"Chaeyoung, let me exp—"

"I get it, we broke up—but don't you think it's an insult to move on that quickly? And quite frankly—for you to tell me to stay in Busan just now—you're stopping me from moving on, you're stringing me along, making me confused only to know you have other "backups" around? How do you think I feel!" She yells, taking her bag and putting it on her arm, "... I can't believe I even thought for a minute, that we could get back together!"

He rushes to the door, putting his body in front of it to stop her from leaving.

"You're misunderstanding," he huffs, still tired from the cold he hadn't recovered from, "... Chaeyoung..."

"I'm stupid to actually have considered staying," she finally spits out, ".... goodbye Jungkook."

"It's my cousins," he tells her, "... she came over because she's really good with hacking and stuff—she was looking into the case of Taehyung's mother."

Park Chaeyoung pauses, mouth opening but words not leaving her lips.

"You can ask anyone, Yoongi—hell you can even call her if you don't believe me," he tells her, taking his phone out, "... there's no way that I could even look at another girl, when the one woman I care about is the one standing in front of me right now... angrily standing in front of me now."

She feels stupid.

Park Chaeyoung keeps her head down, still processing it all over looking up and seeing him looking at her with a grin.

"Why are you smiling?" She snaps, still embarrassed as she clears her throat.

Was he laughing at her.

"It's very cute," he confesses, "... but—was it true? That you've been thinking about us getting back together?"

Park Chaeyoung blinks, realising that in the pit of her anger, she'd ended up saying feelings she didn't know she felt.

"I—I don't—"

Before she could respond, the phone rings and Jeon Jungkook's attention is elsewhere as the notification pops up on his phone.

From: Min Yoongi.

Investigation done. Full meeting on results this afternoon if you're feeling well enough to come.