Paranoid.

Two months pass since the death of his right-hand man.

More than that, Min Yoongi was his closest friend. The pair had gone to school together, and he'd be the one constant in his life even after his father's death. 

The death of his father left deep scars on him, but he was able to quickly jump up and recover from it within a month. Or maybe, it was the fact that he had no choice but to do so, to continue the legacy—the very last thing he had left. But with Min Yoongi, Jeon Jungkook finds it more difficult than ever for more reasons than one. 

Firstly, he felt guilt. Jeon Jungkook had assigned him and Jennie Kim to the home because of his worry for his girlfriend, yet in the end, Min Yoongi practically sacrificed himself as bait for the girls to be safe. In the end, it was clear that Park Chaeyoung was not the target. He was. It should've been him, taking his place.

Secondly, he felt anger. Jeon Jungkook desperately seeks revenge and has so much anger in his system that he finds it hard to control himself and it was making him miss the finer details. His emotions, when charged, had always been his biggest weakness. 

Exhibit A was Park Chaeyoung.

He doesn't even know how it happens, but in two months, she'd become a self-proclaimed replacement for Min Yoongi. She had become his right-hand-woman. Park Chaeyoung began attending meetings, heading to headquarters daily and playing a key part in training his men on better torture techniques, as well as basic medical training for them too. 

And Jeon Jungkook feels completely conflicted. On one hand, he doesn't want her to stray from the angel-like person that she truly is deep down.

Yet, deep down, a part of him always knew that eventually, it'll be like this. Whether he liked it or not, he needed a woman who could stand strong and spit venom, a powerful woman who could adapt and learn the ropes.

And there she was. 

Park Chaeyoung, in many ways, shone in a position that he tried so long to hide her from; a role he attempted to shield her from.

The pair are in the training room. His girlfriend is clad in short pants and a black tank, her bare hands tightly bonded with a bandage as she begins hitting Park Jimin, one of the top men in his group. She lets out a gasp and groans however as she falls on her feet, unexpecting his kick at her shin which makes her body drop. 

He winces seeing it before getting up, and walking to the other man, tapping him on the shoulder, "... that's enough." 

"No," she huffs, slowly peeling herself off the mat as a wave of desperation spreads across her expression, "... I need to learn." 

"You need a break," he turns his attention to her, but the firmness in his voice doesn't change the determination in her eyes, "... please, Chaeyoung." 

Park Jimin quickly dismisses himself, feeling the awkwardness between them. She'd wanted to learn to fight, and he knew that Park Jimin was the best in the field, but mainly was the fact that he himself couldn't bear to hurt her, even if it was for training. 

It was almost ironic for him.

The very same thing happened too when Jennie Kim first found out about what her fiance (at the time did). 

"Jennie told me that you trained her," she whispers, looking up at him, "... but I find it hard to believe you did when you stop training at any time I get a slight bruise." 

Jeon Jungkook ignores her words as he slowly helps her unbandage her arms, revealing the bruises on her knuckles. Ever since she'd started training, she'd gotten a lot of cuts and marks on her legs and body, which he helped put ointment on at night.