Promises.

December has changed dramatically since Jeon Jungkook met her. 

Min Yoongi in many ways cannot believe his eyes when he drops off a file at his boss's penthouse, to see his usually gloomy and plain interior wholly filled with Christmas lights and ornaments. Perhaps, it was the most discreet option after all, as no one would expect the leader of one of South Korea's leading organised crime groups to be filled with so much joy and Christmas spirit. 

Last year, the tone was contrastingly different. 

Christmas Eve was spent perfecting the final plot before raiding one of the competing groups (at the time) and Christmas Day, to be completely frank, was far from joyful. 

When Min Yoongi is let into the apartment, he's greeted by the smell of fresh gingerbread cookies and see's Park Chaeyoung rushing over to him wearing red plaid pyjamas and reindeer slippers as she welcomes him inside. 

"Jungkook's just showered, he'll be out in a minute. Cookie?" She offers, a smile full of gleam across her lips. 

"I'm fine," he insists, as he looks around the penthouse to see how nothing screamed like Jeon Jungkook.

Almost every inch of the home was filled with something Christmas-themed, whether it was the Christmas Jazz playing in the record player (since when did he get that?), the scented candle, the ornaments on the tree, as well as the red blankets on the leather couch. 

"Yoongi try one," a deep voice grabs his attention, as he turns to see his boss practically glaring at him to take the baked treat, "... Chaeyoung's been raving about baking this recipe for days."

He quickly accepts the cookie, but can't suppress his smile when he sees his usually cold and calculative boss wearing matching attire-- only his slippers weren't reindeer but elves.

With one bite, Min Yoongi's eyes widen in complete surprise as he compliments the food, "... it's good." 

He watches as Park Chaeyoung's smile radiates more (if that was even possible) at the compliment before she turns to her boyfriend, resting her head on his shoulder. To his surprise, Jeon Jungkook returns the sentiment, whispering something in her ear which makes her blush.

"So why are you here?" Jeon Jungkook looks at him in confusion.

"I need to discuss something with you," he responds, "... and you weren't responding to your texts. It's important."

And that was when he spotted it, the way Park Chaeyoung almost flinches when she realises that it's about work, and work she clearly didn't approve of. 

"Why don't you guys discuss this in the living room?" Park Chaeyoung suggests, clearly forcing a smile, "... I'll go to the spare room to call my parents, I haven't wished them Merry Christmas yet." 

Min Yoongi notices the hesitancy in his expression as he nods, and even so, it seems as though she's trying to convince herself that it's all well. 

Clearly, it wasn't. 

With a chaste kiss on his cheek, she dismisses herself and Jeon Jungkook turns to him.

"What is it?" He questions, not as angrily as he'd expected and he figures it's because with the day off, work must've been bugging him in the back of his mind too.

"Mr. Hung comes back from Switzerland tomorrow and he's scheduled a meeting for next week, I told him that you couldn't but he said he'll only be in Busan for a short time and can't change his schedule," he informs him before reaching for the files from his briefcase, "... the contract is ready, but there's a few clauses we need to go over."

"I see," Jeon Jungkook sighs, "... it's okay, please go ahead with the meeting." 

"Will Chaeyoung be okay with it?" He questions.

"We haven't really discussed things since getting back together," he admits, "... but she's made it clear that next week, for the first week of the new year, she hopes I can spend time with her parents while they're here. Is there really no way of moving the meeting?" 

"I'm sorry sir," he notifies, "... we'll make sure the meeting is quick though." 

-

Jeon Jungkook knows he's in trouble when he goes into the room and sees his girlfriend laying in bed, her back completely turned to him. Although he finds it cute when she's angry, he also knows that he's in a lot of trouble.

"Babe..." he leans in close to gently rub the side of her arm, which she slaps away.

"You're working, aren't you?" She deduces, "... you promised the entire week off." 

"It's just one small meeting and I promise it won't be long," he tries to negotiate with her.

"I closed the cafe for the week for you and you can't even do this..." 

"I promise, we can do whatever you want the whole week," he gets into the bed and hugs her from behind, thinking he's at least not entirely in the dog house when she doesn't frankly kick him out completely, "... hmm? What do you think?" 

"Do you promise to make snow angels with me?" 

Although she's not facing him, he can already imagine the cute pout on her lips.

Jeon Jungkook hates the snow but also wants this to be a memorable holiday season for her.

"Promise," he tells her. 

"And you won't be grumpy when my parents come and we have to take them around town?" She questions him.

"Of course," he responds.

With his words, she turns around to face him, "... okay." 

"So I'm forgiven?" He double-checks.

"But make sure you're there to pick my parents up from the airport," she warns him, "... they'll appreciate it a lot since you cancelled the trip to Melbourne because of the bruises."

"I will, I promise, should we seal it with a kiss?" He cheekily jests only for her to push him playfully.

He doesn't know what it is, whether it's the feeling of her warmth against his skin or the gingerbread cookies that he's overconsumed earlier, but he thinks he needs to win her parents hearts as soon as possible.

And ask for their permission to marry her.

-

Next chapter, Jeon Jungkook needs to woo the parents >.<