Figure it Out.

Jeon Jungkook feels as though the ground is swallowing him whole when he hears the news. It feels as though his entire life has been ripped off his feet, and he wants nothing more than to be swallowed in by the darkness and to disappear. One of his men is kneeling on the ground, head bowed down in surrender, knowing that he was wrong.

He should be angry.

Jeon Jungkook has every right to be mad, yet– he's only disappointed, disappointed in himself.

He should've known better, he should've led his men better.

"What should we do with him?" Min Yoongi who sits beside him mutters, loud enough for him to hear, clearly uncertain about the deafening silence in the room.

What should he do?

He wonders what else there is to do, when the only hope left in him, hope that he was somehow not the evil man that the love of his life thought he was, was now gone.

The investigation concluded that in fact, there were unreported casualties. It was the first attack since Jeon Jungkook took his father's place and as many of the people were still in transition, the accountability reports must've "slipped through."

"I'm sorry Mr. Jeon, the calculations were off, I genuinely didn't know– that there were innocent people inside the home," the man pleads, begging for his life, knowing very well what the norm for people like him was in this line of work, "... please spare me my life, I'll owe you a bit debt... I have two children– please let them grow up with a fath–"

"You left Taehyung with no one, why should I give you grace when you had none?!" He shouts, fingers pushing against some stationary and papers on his desk, which hits the man's face as they fall to the ground, "... your sloppy work did this, and tarnished our group's name!"

The man on his knee winces at the sudden contact against his face, tears still streaming down his face but he doesn't dare to speak.

Jeon Jungkook wants to punch a wall, but he find himself breathing in and our almost erratically.

He wanted all of this to be a lie, for someone to walk in and tell them that the results were wrong and that the investigation showed that none of this was true.

Jeon Jungkook suddenly turns and reaches for his car keys on the table, not bothering to look at the man once again.

"Yoongi," he shouts, turning to him.

"Yes sir?"

"Give this fucker 10 hours. Leave Busan, leave Korea. He can figure it out himself. I don't want him to set foot in this entire country ever again," he spits, "... if you want to take your family, do it. I don't care."

Before he could reply, Min Yoongi watches as Jeon Jungkook rushes out.

He looks down at the man before crouching down, "... you're lucky he's too disappointed to be angry. Get your family and leave."

-

Park Chaeyoung doesn't know why, but it felt right for her to wait for him in the lobby of his building.

In the rush of things, she found herself following him.

To be honest, she'd barely come to terms with her own feelings and everything that happened, but seeing the way Min Yoongi watched him with sad eyes, made her already know in advance. She must've sat there for at least an hour before one of the receptionists rushes over to her, "... are you sure you don't want some tea? We're not sure how long Mr. Jeon will be in a meeting for... maybe we can schedule a meeting for another day?"

"It's okay, I'll wait," she gives a short smile and just like clockwork, she hears the sound of footsteps from the elevator towards the lobby door.

Like instinct, she gets up quickly and rushes to him, barely able to comprehend the deep lines between his eyebrows– he was angry, he was hurt. She sees the way his fists are balled, slightly red as though he'd been hurting something or someone.

"Jungkook," her voice is a contradictory softness, delicate to the touch, and causes his shoes to squeak against the marble floors as he stops, looking at her.

"I'm sorry," is all that he manages to whisper, loud enough for her to hear, "... he was right."

He doesn't dare to look at her.

"Jungkook, look at me," she tells him, noticing the way he keeps his eyes to the side, "... it's okay."

"It's not," he tells her, "... Chaeyoung, I want to be alone."

She reaches for his hand, "... well too bad, because you don't get that choice. I'm coming with you."

-

Jeon Jungkook feels as though he's on autopilot.

He blinks and suddenly he's at home, staring blankly at the television screen as Park Chaeyoung prepares blankets and begins covering them over his lap. She quickly dismisses herself to go to his kitchen to get some tea.

It had been a while since he'd felt so numb, perhaps the last was during his father's death.

She comes back with the drink, putting it between his hands.

"It's true," he finally dares to speak about it, "... one of our men didn't calculate properly, they didn't realise that there was a woman in the home at the time. He covered it up too since it happened when I just took over, so things were too busy it was easily missed."

Park Chaeyoung doesn't respond, she simply nods as her thumb gently rubs against the back of his palm, soothing him.

"I didn't know, and it shouldn't have happened," he tells her, "... we always minimise casualties and violence when possible and never hurt women or children."

"I know, I believe you," she whispers, "... it's okay..."

"It's not okay," he tells her.

"We can't change the past, we need to move forward and make things as right as we can."

"But I don't know how."

"Then let's figure it out together."

And she doesn't just mean about making things right for Taehyung.

But figuring things out for them too.

-

Sorry for the late update guys, I've been having a hard time getting muse for ruthless game but I promise I haven't abandoned. Is there anything you'd like to see in the next chapter? :D