888

February 2019, Switzerland

And the date of Vanessa's wedding just got closer and closer.

We all changed the new year, we got in 2019 together.
I didn't manage to visit my parents unfortunately for that day but my other family, my friends - teammates and Kristy were there and we all celebrated the entry of the new year together, just like Christmas and Kristy also didn't have anyone to visit..

It's been months since she last spoke with her parents.
They contacted her the day that she graduated, in some way they found out that Kristy had been studying in Netherlands.
We still don't know how but what could actually happen is that they found out from Niko's parents.

They were there for Kristy more than her real parents were so they knew about how she was doing and they were probably telling them her news, of course they haven't apologized for what they did and Kristy hasn't forgotten or forgiven them so that's why she isn't the one to contact them.

There are times that she feels sad about how things end up between the three of them.
They are her parents after all, so it's normal to feel bad when they didn't support her but did exactly the opposite thing.
And maybe that's one of the reasons why i didn't visit my family.

My parents haven't seen Kristy yet and my siblings have seen her only through the phone that's why i didn't go and i also said to Kristy that she could come with me but she didn't feel comfortable and didn't want just to appear there to celebrate with them when they've never seen her.

And that's why I stayed with her even if she tried many times to convince me that she would be fine with the others.

I'm sure that we will soon find a day where she will meet my parents and things won't be this awkward anymore.
From what she has heard she's really excited to meet them, especially my mom.

The thing that she plays violin has given to Kristy such excitement and I'm sure that they could talk hours about the violin and the guitar.
They both love music and I'm sure that they will have a lot in common, at least i hope so.
My parents always support me no matter what my decision is and I'm sure that once they see how perfect Kristy is they won't even imagine to say something bad.

Something that won't happen really soon though since we both got a lot of work and right now we are not even in Finland.

Vanessa's wedding is in Monday but we traveled to Switzerland since Friday since we wanted to have some days to explore the place, look around and relax.

We always need a break from reality and this is indeed a small break from everything that's giving us a hard time back home.

Now we're just gonna have fun and enjoy our free time and weekend in this beautiful country.

I've always heard that Switzerland is a beautiful country but now I'm also seeing myself especially when it is snowing and we got here in the perfect timing.

I can't lie! I'm glad that Vanessa actually invited me, or else i wouldn't be seeing all those beautiful places

"Look at that" Kristy pointed out of the window at a huge tree that was covered with snow

We are in the taxi, soon arriving in the hotel that Vanessa booked for us.

Kristy is really excited about all of this.
About the trip but the wedding too.
She had been talking about it for a whole week now and we are finally here

"Merci" she thanked the driver and i paid him

One thing that i surely know is that if the people that i will have to talk with don't know English then won't talk with me.
I don't know french and i don't think that i will ever learn them even if Kristy who does know how to speak had tried to teach them to me a thousand times.