Future Grandparents

December 2020, Helsinki

It was Christmas day and we had invited my parents for Christmas dinner.

The main reason why we invited them though is because we want to tell them that in some months they will be grandparents.

Kristy is almost three months long and her belly will start showing soon.
If she's wearing oversized clothes no-one could even imagine that she's pregnant but if she wears a tight shirt you can see that her belly is starting to grow.

As months go by i get more and more protective over her.
I don't let her to do a lot around the house and sometimes she gets mad at me for that but i just don't want her to tire herself.

And now she also works less at her job, even if as Minna has mentioned a lot of times the kids are asking all the time why she has to leave early everyday and they say that they miss her a lot but she can't work as long as she used to work.

"Merry Christmas love" i smiled at her and kissed her neck when i realized that she had woken up

I spend the last thirty minutes looking at her.
She looked so beautiful sleeping and that pregnancy made her look even more beautiful if that was possible for someone.
I still couldn't believe how a whole human was growing inside her stomach.
She once said that she felt some movement inside her but of course i can't feel anything yet, because it's too early for the kicks to be felt from anyone else except of her.

"Merry Christmas" she turned around and kissed my lips

I always loved the way my days started with her.
And those last months we would most of times wake up like this, even if some days she didn't wake up in the best mood but i knew that it was because her hormones were going crazy and i won't blame her if she ever talks bad to me.

"How are you feeling today?" I placed my hand on her belly and she smiled as a return

It was the movement that i used to do a hundred times the day.
Always waiting to feel a kick or just because i felt comfort by doing this and i knew that in some way the baby could feel me too and that's why I also spoke to her belly.

I'm read that babies can hear from inside there and i want our baby to know my voice and i have so many things to tell and promise him or her and i always enjoy Kristy's reaction when i do those actions.

"We are feeling really good and we're excited to meet grandma and grandpa" she placed her hand on top of mine and kept our foreheads connected

Some months ago she had a chat with my mom about babies, it happened before she found out that we are having a baby.
My mom told her that she would be really happy if one day we became parents and she can't wait to have a grandchild.
My mom has also mentioned to me the topic about babies, she said that she didn't want to rush me into things and that she doesn't want me to worry about it, she of course wants me to be a dad but as she said if it's not meant to happen it won't, only if she knew.

We're both sure that my mom will be the happiest with our announcement but I'm not sure about my dad's reaction, even if i can feel that he will also be happy about it.
He will say that i finally decided to make a family and get serious.

What we also know is that Kristy's parents found out about what is going on in our life now and by that i mean the news about the baby.

Even if they don't call her, even if Niko's parents aren't like they used to be with them, since they threw out Kristy they speak sometimes, since they understand that they just want to learn her news.

So they find out about her pregnancy but thankfully they don't try to involve to her life and I'm sure that she wouldn't want that after everything that they did and said.