Chapter 9

(warning: mention of drugs)

(Was going to update yesterday but Wattpad was being annoying and couldn't publish, sorry for the delay)

With sore reluctance Taehyun twisted the door knob, opened the door and entered his house, he had been staying over at Yeonjun's apartment for two days because he hadn't felt the want to return to his house, it was always a disaster.

The stench of alcohol and rotten food busted his nose the very moment he entered the house, making Taehyun grimace, the house was a mess with empty bottles and cans everywhere and pizza boxes spread all over the floor, it looked like a pig's den.

He made a call to the house cleanings and made his way up the stairs, the house was in pin drop silence.

His mother's bedroom was open and he made his way there, "Mom?" he called out, only to see the woman lying on her bed with half her body on the ground snoring loudly as she drooled, Taehyun sighed at the sight of syringes and small bottles all over the floor.

He got a broom and cloth and cleaned the room and threw away the bottles and syringes, Taehyun hated seeing his mother in that situation, he gently placed her on the bed properly and with a soft cloth soaked with warm water he cleaned his mother's face, carefully wiping through her burnt scars.

Taehyun almost found it hard to breathe normally with the stench of alcohol and medicine his mother gave off, he sighed, her skin was getting pale and wrinkly and hee veins could be seen all over her neck and arms, she had grown so weak.

Judging her state at that moment it was hard to believe that she was once an internationally known model, it always hurt Taehyun when he recalled the incident, five years back.

Taehyun's mother was known for her beauty and figure, she was in the front page of almost every fashion magazine in Seoul and her banners and posters were just everywhere, everyone wanted to be her or to be with her.

His mother was always proud of her appearance but she was not vain, she was considerate and confident, even despite her busy schedule as a model she always made time for Taehyun, making him a meal or taking him to parks and getting him ice cream, Taehyun loved his mother, he saw her as his role model and someone he aspired to be in the future.

But all the happy stories came to a downfall after that one night which changed her whole life and twisted Taehyun's life into misery as well.

She was at the airport when someone splashed acid on her face, she was immediately taken to the nearest hospital but off course her face had a terrible scar on it and that was the lock to her carrier, it blocked the way to her carrier, she started getting rejected, companies dropped her and soon enough she became unheard off as though she never existed.

Her fall from her carrier made her insecure and miserable, Taehyun and his dad had tried their hardest to make her feel better but it became more and more difficult, she started questioning their loved for her, she would have breakdowns often, and she refused therapy, she refused to leave the house or meet anyone other than her 'so called' friends who were just eating her money out, she started taking drugs and constantly drinking and on days when she wasn't drinking she would sleep.

She had grown aggresive and irritable and Taehyun found it extremely difficult to deal with her, his own father had slowly started avoiding staying at home when his wife's mental health worsened, Taehyun has noticed that too but he had not said or mentioned it to any of them.

After cleaning her up he got up to walk away but she grabbed his wrist, "Suhyeol you don't love me anymore do you? Because I'm ugly now" she muttered chuckling as the grip on his wrist tightened, "M-Mom it's me Taehyun, dad's gone on a business trip, remember? Now please let me grow and take rest" Taehyun said softly.

But his mom's grip tightened even more, "Off course he's not at home, he's probably out somewhere with another woman much beautiful than me, who would want to be with me?" she mocked,
"Mom, please" Taehyun muttered but he could not say anything else, his dad had not returned to the house for two months, his business trips would be for a week or two but he always returned every weekend, even their calls had shortened, Taehyun wouldn't deny the fact that his father might be having an affair but Taehyun did not let that thought cross his mind even though there were probably chances that it was true, it hurt him too much to even think about that.

With effort he got off his mother's grip, something inside his heart stinged, he headed to his room and slammed it shut, he felt a tear roll down his cheek as he looked around his room, nothing unusual or extraordinary in his room, just his bed, closet, desk, his book shelf and some anime posters on the wall.

He let out a sigh, he climbed up on his bed and covered his face with a pillow as tears fell down his eyes and stained his pillow, small whimpers escaped his room but he immediately perked up when he heard the doorbell ring, must be the house cleaners he thought as he immediately wiped his tears away and rushed down the stairs and opened the door, putting on a fake smile.

"Beomgyu?" he muttered watching the male stand outside with pizza and soda occupying both his hands, "Wella bro I'm staying the night now help me out" Beomgyu said, Taehyun took the pizza from Beomgyu's, "you've been crying haven't you? You fucking idiot why didn't you call me? I would come any way but still" Beomgyu pouted, Taehyun could not help but smile, "I'm glad you are here" he said softly, Beomgyu's face lightened up with an amused smirk, "That's the nicest thing you've said to me your whole life" he winked at the other, "Just admit that you can't live without me" he added.

Taehyun giggled, I'm really glad you are here

Not too long the two of them were cuddled in his head with pizza and soda and browsing through Netflix to find something to watch.

Beomgyu leaned closer to Taehyun resting his head on Taehyun's shoulder as his hands wrapped around the other's waist, Taehyun in between his legs.

Taehyun suddenly felt alarmed with their position which in other occasions was normal, he tensed at Beomgyu's touch, he swallowed, why was he suddenly so nervous around Beomgyu? His best friend Beomgyu? The one he had known his whole life.

While Beomgyu browsed through Netflix, Taehyun's eyes suddenly fixated to Beomgyu's face, his skin was smooth and fair, his eyes looked almost magical, long lashes, hazel eyes, his lips formed a pout and they looked glossy as Beomgyu would lick them every once in a while, Taehyun gulped, he had kissed those lips before, would he kiss them again? Taehyun almost slapped himself wake up Taehyun what are you doing he shook himself back to reality, was he really just checking out his best friend?

Beomgyu stared at Taehyun, "Are you feeling alright?" he asked, Taehyun turned to face Beomgyu making their eyes meet, "I-" he mumbled, his eyes fixed on Beomgyu's lips and how kissable they looked, Taehyun thought he might have gone insane.

Taehyun thought that he had not wanted anything but to kiss those lips at that moment and he thought he might be going insane, Beomgyu did not break the eye contact as though he knew exactly what he was doing to Taehyun.

Don't say it, don't say it, don't say it
"Beomgyu can I kiss you?"

Shit