Chapter 24

Taehyun turned to look at whoever had just called out to him.

A girl with long dark hair that reached down to her elbows, she wore a floral dress of sky blue and pink and flip flops, she pushed her hair behind her as she took small steps towards Taehyun.

"Choi Jisu?" Taehyun called out in utter confusion, he blinked in disbelief as she was the last person he had expected to see at that moment.

The girl shrugged with a little smile, "I'm still your noona" she pointed, Taehyun just blinked, he did not know what to say to her at that moment.

Choi Jisu, was Taehyun's senior when he was a freshman, someone Taehyun found himself attracted to, she was composed and mature,soft spoken and knew how to handle situations, her calm composure made her stand out especially in Taehyun's eyes.

To be more precise, she was Taehyun's first girlfriend, currently his ex girlfriend.
Their relationship was short lived as Jisu had to transfer schools due to personal reasons, even though they had broken up they did not end in bad terms despite losing lost contact of each other few months after their break up.

"It's been a while" the girl waved at Taehyun, Taehyun's mouth opened agaped and he wanted to say something, anything but nothing uttered out of his month. The girl smiled to herself, "Guess you didn't expect to see me here, did that upset you?" she asked as she looked up at him, Taehyun shook himself back on track and looked at the girl, "No, hey" he uttered.

"You're back in Seoul?" Taehyun asked her and she nodded her head, "my grandma was sick so we flew to Seoul just last evening" she answered.

"Oh" Taehyun mouthed, "Is she doing better now?" he asked and she shrugged, "I hope so, I really don't care" she mumbled in response.

Taehyun did not say anything, if he remembered correctly Choi Jisu never liked her grandmother because as she had told him, her grandmother always found ways to either attack her or create havoc in her family, "Though I don't wish any ill on her, frankly honest I really do not care about her" she shrugged, Taehyun nodded his head, "I understand" he uttered and he really did understand how she felt, especially in his current situation.

"If it doesn't offend you, may I ask you why or for whom you're here?" She asked distracting Taehyun from his thoughts, he had been zoning out a lot the past days. It was as though his thoughts would lead him to a path and then suddenly leave him astray leaving him to wander aimlessly with no destination in mind.

Jisu was always a gentle character, she was always careful with her choice of words, she radiated a comforting aura which Taehyun easily warmed up to in the past.

"It's my m-mom" Taehyun stammered avoiding the gaze of the other, "s-she's sick" he continued fiddling with his fingers.

"How are you feeling?" she asked, she was standing besides Taehyun now, Taehyun shrugged, "I'm okay" he muttered
"I hope she gets better" he said.

Jisu gave his shoulder a gentle squeeze, "Stay strong" she uttered, Taehyun nodded, "you too" he responded.

"I was really hoping to see you during my stay here, even though this is not the most auspicious day to meet I'm glad I could meet you" Jisu muttered, Taehyun rested his weight against the wall for a more comfortable posture and nodded, "Right I could agree to that" he mumbled. The two stood in an awkward silence for a while.

"I'll go check on my mom" Taehyun avowed gesturing to the cabin his mom was in, Jisu nodded and gave him a small smile, "Can I see you tomorrow?" she asked, Taehyun paused, he was silent for a brief moment because somehow he could not make out a proper response.

"Sure?" he uttered without looking at her,
"Bye then I got-" he stopped his sentence midway when he felt a tug on his shirt, Jisu tugged on his shirt.