Chapter 16

I wasn't feeling too well so excuse me for the late update~

Taehyun dressed up into a simple tshirt and jeans with a baseball cap on je grabbed his phone and ran out of his house, there was no one at his place because his dad was probably still at some business trip as he claimed and his mom could be anywhere but at home.

Yeonjun had invited all of them to lunch in celebration of him officially dating Soobin so they were all eating outside that day.

Taehyun locked the door to his house and jogged to the destination where he was to meet his friends.

Ningning was wearing denim flares with a white crop top, Soobin wore a giant tshirt and black shorts, Hyuka wore his usual hoodie and jeans, Beomgyu wore cargo pants and a black tshirt while Yeonjun had not arrived yet.

The first person his eyes landed on was Beomgyu, the other had been sort of ghosting him, they hadn't been texting much and when they do it was mostly in the group chat with their other friends involved, he could not even point out why exactly was Beomgyu ignoring him. But at the same time he knew exactly why the other was ignoring him.

Was it because of what he told the girl? But Taehyun wasn't even sure what their relationship was after what they had done.

He wasn't dense enough to realise that him and Beomgyu now had a tension arising between them which obviously wasn't normal for best friends.

Beomgyu had told him that he liked him but Taehyun was doubtful because Beomgyu always joked around and he didn't know whether was joking or being sincere.

And even if Beomgyu did like him he would still have tons of questions in his head

Why did he like him?
When did he start liking him?
How did he feel about it?
What kind of relationship would they develop from then?
Was he ready?
Did he like Beomgyu that way too?

He let out a sigh and looked at the other who was laughing with Hyuka over a joke he couldn't catch.

"What's on your mind Tae?" Ningning asked him out of the blue as she looked up to him, tucking her red hair behind her ear.

"Huh?" Taehyun uttered, "you and Beomgyu, something happened right? I mean I know it's not my business to interfere but I can't help but notice the tension between you two" she said almost in a whisper so that it won't be audible to the others.

Taehyun shook his head, "it's nothing to worry about" he mumbled, Ningning gave him a doubtful look before letting out another sigh, "If anything you should just talk it out with him, you guys are best friends I'm sure neither of you likes this tension, whatever it is I hope you resolve" she said and patted Taehyun's shoulder, she had to tip toe to do that because she was way shorter than Taehyun and that made Taheyun smile because now at least he's not the shortest in the group.

"Thanks" he muttered and she just gave him a reassuring smile.

"Sorry to keep you guys waiting" Yeonjun interrupted approaching the group.

Yeonjun had worn a cropped top with skinny jeans and ankle boots.

Soobin gulped, his cheeks flushing up as he stared at his own boyfriend like he was some kind of celebrity, it made Taehyun let out a chuckle.

"You look like our sugar mommy" Beomgyu teased giving the older a wink only to have yeonjun flicking his forehead making Beomgyu groan and act all dramatic as he rubbed his forehead, Yeonjun rolled his eyes.

Soobin kissed the other on the cheek making Taheyun cringe at how they were publicly showing affection now, not that they didn't do it before they had become official but now they were more cringe.