Chapter 23

Thank you so much to all of you for the votes and reads 💖I never thought this book would blow up like this and it made me really happy so thank you all ✨ and I'm sorry I was going to update yesterday but fell asleep 😭~
Happy Reading 🍀
And happy Karina day 💖

Taehyun walked out of the cabin because he felt the need to take a breath as being inside made him feel somehow suffocated, his palms were sweaty and he felt slightly teetered.

Taehyun rested his weight against the walls trying to avoid any irrelevant thoughts which might trigger him at that moment.

He felt a little off over the thought that he did not tell Beomgyu about his situation but then he had his reasons though as much as he knew the other, the other would not hear of it.

He had bothered Beomgyu and his family enough with his woes, even though they coaxed him into thinking that they did not mind at all and wanted to help because he was family, Taehyun still did not want to burden them enough. Not that he did not trust them, there was just this instinct which kept pricking him and reminding him to be independent and deal with his own problems.

He heard his mother groaning in pain from the inside, Taehyun did not want to even think of his father's whereabouts or whether he was even aware of what was happening to his mother. Those thoughts aroused bitterness inside him. He felt like he was carrying the world's burden on his back, the warmth he perceived from Beomgyu seemed like the only thing that was keeping him together. He missed Beomgyu even though it had not even been an hour since he had last seen the said boy.  Just the thought of the warmth that Beomgyu radiated seem to lighten his burden, just a little.

Just then his phone rang, the caller ID was his dad and there were tons of messages from Beomgyu asking him where he was.

He sighed and answered the call with utter reluctance.

"Taehyun?" His dad sounded anguished,
"Yes dad?" Taehyun answered rather dully.

"Are you okay?" he asked

Taehyun wanted to scoff and release out all his anger right then and there, "Do you care?" he questioned.

There was a moment of silence.

"Taehyun look, I know you're in a turmoil right now and I know it's my fault but I need to talk to you, I need to tell you a long of things, please don't run away from me and let me explain myself Taehyun, I promise I'll be completely honest" his dad explained.

"What about mom?" Taehyun asked, not prioritising anything that his dad had just said.

"What do you mea-"

"Are you aware of where mom is?"

Taehyun cut his dad off.
"She's probably out drinking again?" he muttered from the other side of the phone.

Taehyun's jaws clenched, his insides burned. He wanted to yell at his dad, maybe the other had his own reasons but Taehyun wasn't in a condition to be having rational thoughts which pictured the prospective of both individuals.

Instead of shouting though he only let out another long jaded suspire.

"Mom is in the hospital, she has been hospitalized" he said in a calmer tone.

"What?" his dad immediately questioned.

"Exactly what you heard dad, but why would you care anymore? You already have this lovely family of yours whom you're so happy with, you no longer have time for miserable people like me and my mom, why would you care? You abandoned us" he verbalised, insinuating the word abandoned.
Hh
Thay word itself felt so heavy, Taehyun felt his legs weaken a little and his breath was shakey.