Chapter 32

(a/n: finally here's an update after like a decade! I'm so sorry)

Taehyun roamed around the streets aimlessly, he had no specific destination
in mind,  the wind was chilly and the cold brush of the wind made his hair stand, he did not even have a jacket on, Taehyun felt lonely and miserable.

He felt as though he was drowning in a sea of solitude, engulfed by the depths of despair, he couldn't breathe and it was as though the world was sucking him into a hole and he was falling deeper and deeper into a dark endless pit.

As he walked aimlessly, his eyes caught a familiar gaze, a particular figure whom he couldn't ever fail to recognise was standing under a light post with his grey hoodie, black shorts and crocs.

Beomgyu

Taehyun's eyes widened, even though he had been seeing Beomgyu all the time, he missed him, he missed him so much, he longed for him with such intensity that it felt like his heart would cease to beat, aching for eternity.

His mind was almost blank as his feet dragged him towards Beomgyu, he had told himself that he would not depend on Beomgyu anymore but as time consumed him into a solitaire estate he began to realise how much Beomgyu meant to him, how he almost felt nothing without Beomgyu.

Beomgyu was calling someone then he looked up, as though he was looking for someone, Taehyun walked towards him, he gulped, he did not know if Beomgyu wanted to see him, he hesitated his steps just then he sees Beomgyu smile at someone as that person runs to him and embraces him, Taehyun could not recognise that person.

Taehyun's heart shatters a little but he continued walking towards them, he wasn't even sure what he was doing anymore,he just wanted to meet Beomgyu.

"B-Beongyu" Taehyun sounded downcast and hearing his voice Beomgyu turned to his direction and the person also turned around in Taehyun's direction.

Taehyun is a little shattered at the sight of the person, it was Sunoo, Kim Sunoo.

Kim Sunoo was very close to Beomgyu too, they went to different schools but Beomgyu was very close to Sunoo, Sunoo also happened to be someone who confessed his feelings to Beomgyu once, though he got rejected, him and Beomgyu continued to be good friends.

"Taehyun?" Sunoo questioned, not exactly fazed by his presence, Beomgyu quietly looked at Taehyun for a moment, "Taehyun what are you doing here?" Beomgyu questioned, "I-I wanted to s-see you" Taehyun stuttered, "Why?" Beomgyu asked, he sounded cold but there was still a tone of comfort in his voice.

Sunoo looked at Beomgyu then at Taehyun and let out a long sigh, "I can't believe you two still haven't moved on from this stage" he crossed his arms and huffed, shaking his head in disappointment.

"Taehyun you look like you're about to cry, don't worry I don't like Gyugyu anymore, I just came back from Australia after watching the international ice skating tournament and I got some merch so I wanted to hand them to Gyu here" he stated then handed Beomgyu a bag.

"Talk it out, you two pathetic losers you both look so miserable it's giving me goosebumps, geez" Sunoo frowned rolling his eyes, "I'm leaving" he said and sashayed out of sight.

"He hasn't changed" Beomgyu chuckled to himself, then he looked at Taehyun and his smile brushed off, Taehyun was shivering and he looked forlorn.

"Tae-" Beomgyu uttered but before he could finish Taehyun bursted out crying, his whole body shaking.

Beomgyu's eyes widened in surprise as he witnessed the sudden outburst of tears from Taehyun. His heart ached at the sight of him in pain, and without hesitation, he rushed to his side, enveloping him in a warm embrace. With gentle words and comforting gestures, Beomgyu reassured him that he was there, ready to listen and offer solace.

They both sat on a park bench with Beomgyu comforting the shaking boy, he wrapped his arms around his shoulder and pulled him closer, it almost made Beomgyu flinch at home cold Taehyun's body was, the boy could catch a cold.

Taehyun tried to say something but he kept choking on his own words and he continued to cry onto Beomgyu's embrace.

"It's okay Tae, take your time I'm always here" Beomgyu comforted and it only made Taehyun even more emotional, his hands clenched onto Beomgyu's hoodie and he let it all out.

When Taehyun calmed down a little, Beomgyu wiped his tears with the sleeves of his tshirt while Taehyun only stared at Beomgyu, how could he always be so beautiful? He questioned himself.

Beomgyu's gaze towards him was of worry and comfort, he wasn't smiling but Taehyun felt at peace just by looking at Beomgyu.

"I-don't know where to s-start" Taehyun stuttered, Beomgyu gently caressed Taehyun's back, "Like I said, take your time" Beomgyu continued.

"No!" Taehyun immediately blurted out, "I can't go on like this, it's making not just me but you miserable too" Taehyun looked determined as he looked eagerly at Beomgyu, almost as though his eyes were sparkling with keenness.

As Taehyun sat on the park bench beside Beomgyu, his heart raced with anticipation. His palms grew sweaty, and his mind was filled with a whirlwind of emotions. With each passing moment, the intensity of his feelings grew stronger. Taehyun took a deep breath, trying to steady himself, and began to speak, his voice trembling slightly. He looked into Beomgyu's eyes, searching for a sign, a glimmer of hope. The tension between them was palpable, and the air crackled with anticipation. Every word he spoke felt like a weight lifted off his chest, and with each confession, his heart soared and his courage swelled. Taehyun's movements were filled with a mix of nervousness and determination, his hands fidgeting with the hem of his shirt as he poured out his deepest desires. The vulnerability in his voice and the raw emotion in his eyes conveyed the depth of his love for Beomgyu. As he bared his soul, Taehyun could only hope that his confession would be met with understanding and reciprocation.

Taehyun's voice trembled with sincerity as he confessed, "Beomgyu, you are my everything. I can't imagine a life without you by my side. You've become an essential part of my existence, and every day without you would feel empty and meaningless. You complete me in ways I never thought possible, and I can't bear the thought of living without you" he uttered, looking Beomgyu right into his eyes.

Beomgyu's eyes widened in surprise as he processed Taehyun's heartfelt confession. He was taken aback by the depth of Taehyun's emotions, but without hesitation, he reached out and enveloped Taehyun in a tight embrace. In that moment, Beomgyu's actions spoke louder than words, offering comfort and reassurance to Taehyun, letting him know that their connection was strong and that their love was reciprocated.

Beomgyu's voice quivered with emotion as he whispered into Taehyun's shoulder, "I love you more than words can express." His heartfelt declaration resonated in the air, a testament to the depth of his feelings for Taehyun. In that tender embrace, their love bloomed, filling their hearts with an overwhelming sense of joy and belonging.

As Taehyun and Beomgyu embraced each other tightly, the night sky seemed to mirror their love. The stars twinkled like their hearts, shining brightly with the promise of a future filled with happiness. The moon bathed them in its gentle glow, casting a romantic ambiance over their embrace. It felt as if the entire universe was celebrating their love, as if the cosmos itself had aligned to witness this beautiful moment. In that embrace, they found solace, security, and a love that would transcend the boundaries of time and space.

In that perfect moment, their hearts intertwined, and they found solace in each other's arms. Together, they embraced a happiness that surpassed all expectations, a joy that radiated from their souls. It was as if all the pieces of their lives had fallen into place, and they knew deep in their hearts that they were meant to be together. This newfound happiness enveloped them, filling their lives with love, laughter, and a sense of completeness.