Chapter 18

Taehyun flickered his eyes open then immediately shut it because he could not adjust to the light in the room, he let out a groan as he shut his eyes, his eyes felt sore and his head was aching terribly after all that crying he had done.

"I'm sorry" Beomgyu said immediately pulling the curtains and darkening the room, he was sitting at the edge of the bed.

"Gyu.." Taehyun muttered, his voice barely audible as his eyes slowly opened and he tried to sit up.

"you should get some more sleep it's alright" Beomgyu uttered, his voice soft.

Taehyun let out a sigh before dropping his head on the pillow, he stared at the ceiling trying to zone himself out of reality so that he won't have to think of anything again.

"How long have I been asleep?" he asked Beomgyu who still sat at the edge of the bed.

"You sound like you just woke up from a coma" Beomgyu chuckled, "you've been sleeping for four  hours, do you want a snack?" he asked.

"I'm good" Taehyun mumbled,  he heard shuffling and assumed that Beomgyu had gotten up from his bed, "If you're hungry then Ningning and Kai baked pastries and cookies for you, they're downstairs and Soobin got you almond milk, Yeonjun got you some medicine and energy drinks" Beomgyu said standing up and stretching.

"Why would they do that?" Taehyun asked slightly chuckling, "They do be acting like I did wake up from a coma" he mumbled.

"They wanted to make you feel better" Beomgyu muttered, "Now I feel obligated and embarrassed" Taehyun sighed, "don't be, they understand they're all a bunch of good folks" Beomgyu stated.

"I don't deserve y'all" Taehyun muttered.

"Trust me, you do and even more" Beomgyu said right after.

A small smile tugged of Taehyun's face, "thanks" he muttered, he was lucky to have friends like them, he really was, it made him feel better about his situation.

"You should take some medicine for that headache and I'll bring you some pastries and cookies" Beomgyu said.

Taehyun finally sat up, "No it's fine I'm coming downstairs" he said, "I need to apologise to aunty anyways for barging in so dramatically like that" Taehyun said.

"You know her Tae, she's not one to judge and besides she went out to buy chicken for dinner anyways" Beomgyu pointed.

"Either way I'll come down with you" Taehyun said giving Beomgyu a small smile as he got out of the bed, Beomgyu smiled back, his heart tugging a bit when Taehyun smiled at him, though he had known that boy for years, he still wasn't used to Taehyun smiling most of the time.

When Taehyun reached the doorknob, he paused for a moment, "thank you Beomgyu" he muttered, "I'm really lucky to have you" he said before turning the doorknob and making his way out of the room.

Beomgyu sighed, smiling to himself at what Taehyun said, off course he would be there for Taehyun no matter what happened, he loved Taehyun.

Just then he heard a phone buzz, he turned towards his bed where Taehyun's phone was lying and picked the phone up to see dozens of missed calls from his dad.

Beomgyu quietly turned the phone off, we don't have time for this now

He made his way downstairs following Taehyun into the kitchen where all the food that their friends made were lying on top of the kitchen cabinat, Taehyun stared at the food for a while.

"Are these really for me?" he asked sounding tired yet surprised at what hus friends had done for him.

Beomgyu nodded with a smile, "all yours" he cheered, Taehyun let out a small sigh then her lips twirled into a little smile, "honestly I'm shocked" his voice broke a little because his friends cared more  about him and his feelings than his parents would ever.

Just then they heard the front door open and close again and footsteps towards the kitchen.

"Boys!" Mrs Choi called out excitedly with her hands holding onto plastic shopping bags.

Taehyun's cheeks suddenly flushed when he saw Beomgyu's mom because he remembered how his state was when he entered the house and Miss Choi has obviously seen him, he was being such a soap opera character then.

Miss Choi smiled at him fondly but it made Taehyun so nervous he immediately bowed.

"I-I'm s-so sorry for my rude attitude before" he stuttered immediately.

"Oh" Mrs Choi mouthed then let out a soft chuckle as she shook her head, "you were never rude Tae, don't worry about it, you can feel comfortable with me" she said in a softer tone.

Beomgyu smiled at his mom then at Taehyun who smiled back at Beomgyu even though it was barely a smile but Beomgyu knew it was genuine.

"Now you boys are going to help me cook this chicken after you're done eating the snacks" she then said placing the plastic bags on top of the dining table.

Beomgyu frowned, "mom you're such a mood spoiler, things were getting sweet" he groaned, his mom rolled her eyes playfully, "this is not some rom com fiction, chill" she said chuckling and walked out of the kitchen.

Taehyun let out a soft chuckle as he watched Beomgyu pout he's so precious
he thought to himself.

Maybe at that moment Taehyun realised a little that Beomgyu was someone really special to him because only Beomgyu could make him feel so at ease even when he was at his breaking point. It was like Beomgyu had temporarily healed his pain just by being there for him and that meant a lot more than what anyone would do.

"The chicken is really good" Mr Choi said punching on a chicken leg, "Isn't it? I made it" Mrs Choi bragged proudly.

"Lie, Tae made it" Beomgyu immediately snapped, his mom frowned at him, "he never praises my cooking" she fake whined.

"You know I'll always love your cooking best Cheryl" Mr Choi muttered, "Cause it's filled with your love" he added with a wink, Mrs Choi giggled "awe you're such a player" she mumbled.

Beomgyu pretended to gag, "ew mom! Dad! Stop being cringe!" he exclaimed looking completely disgusted.

His parents both laughed together,  while Beomgyu rolled his eyes.

Mrs Choi then turned to Taehyun who was silently eating, "take some more darling, or you'll be hungry later" she said in a softer tone.

"Yes this is delicious! I'm glad you decided to help with the cooking" Mr Choi said and then turned down his head towards Taehyun, "last time Beomgyu tried to cook, he almost set the kitchen on fire"

"Like he doesn't already know that" Beomgyu rolled his eyes as Taehyun just smiled at hom.

Mrs Choi then reached out gently patted his head.

Taehyun was suddenly gusted with emotions

He stared crying.