Chapter 27

(a/n: I'm sorry for the delay but here's an update and I didn't proofread this chapter so feel free to correct my grammar errors.)

At the ringing of the doorbell, Yeonjun detached himself from Soobin's arms who had fallen into a peaceful slumber and he answered the door. He answered the door to find Beomgyu outside looking miserable with droopy eyes and his shoulders dropped and his head

"You don't look too well" he frowned seeing Beomgyu looking vulnerable with his head hanging low, "Get inside" Yeonjun pulled the other inside and shut the door behind him.

Beomgyu sits on the sofa in the living room having an unexplainable expression on his face, or rather it was just blank jir Yeonjun could sense, he could sense that Beomgyu had been hurt, he might have taken a guess of why Beomgyu looked vulnerable.

"It's Taehyun isn't it?" Yeonjun asked pouring a glass of water for Beomgyu and handing it to Beomgyu, sitting next to him.

"I'd figure, he's been acting strange today" Yeonjun muttered, Beomgyu took the glass of water wrapping his fingers around the glass. Yeonjun sat next to Beomgyu and waited quietly for the other to speak up, he was very patient.

It took a while but Beomgyu finally took a sip of the water and prepared himself to speak,As Beomgyu sat beside Yeonjun, he could feel his nerves getting the best of him. He shifted uncomfortably in his seat, his hands fidgeting with the hem of his shirt. He avoided eye contact, staring down at his shoes as he struggled to find the right words. Yeonjun waited patiently, sensing that Beomgyu  was about to open up to him about something important. Finally, Beomgyu  took a deep breath and began to speak, his words coming out in a hesitant and halting manner. Yeonjun listened attentively, creating a safe and supportive space for Beomgyu  to share his thoughts and feelings.

"So Choi Jisu is back?" Yeonjun asked and Beomgyu nodded, Yeonjun leaned against the sofa backrest, "Choi Jisu" he muttered under his breath.

"Honestly I never told this to anyone but I've never been fond of her" Yeonjun confessed, Beomgyu's eyes diverted from the ground to Yeonjun, "And why is that?" he asked, "Why?" Beomgyu asked, Yeonjun shrugged, shifting his body as he let out a sigh.

"You know how she's from a very religious family?" Yeonjun uttered.

Beomgyu nodded, "Well, we used to be friends in our freshman year"Yeonjun continued.

"She was my first friend before I knew Soobin and we began to grow pretty close, as friends of course"  he muttered, his eyes staring at the ceiling as his back leaned against the sofa backrest and Beomgyu listened.

"I wasn't very open about my sexuality during my freshman year, then one day I was out with Jisu and she suddenly confessed to me, she told me she liked me and I didn't know how to react because I had never seen her that way, why would I? I liked men, so that day I also ended up coming out to her even though I knew it would hurt her badly I had to be honest it was for the best." Yeonjun sighed as he continued with his story.

"I was aware that it would hurt her but her reaction astonished me more than I expected it would, because I didn't expect her to react so hysterically, she broke down into tears making me feel even more guilty than I already eas feeling, she then started accusing of me of giving her false hope and called me disgusting, hearing her accusations made me want to slap her right across the face but I considered a good friend and she was also someone struggling with her family so I sympathized her and I approached her to comfort her but then she pushed me away harshy and called me gross and that was the final straw, I left without another word,we didn't talk after that" Yeonjun mumbeled.

"I waited days and days for her to approach me, she at least owed me an apology right? I never gave her any false hope and I was just being honest with her, she had no right to treat me like I was gross, but she never talked to me after that and avoided me like a plague, me being pathetic ended up crying behind a damn tree, and you know what? That was when Soobin approached me," Yeonjun smiled a little as he said Soobin's name.

Even Beomgyu had a slight smile over his face, "I know this part, he approached you and offered you half of his favourite bread so you would stop crying" Beomgyu stated chuckling a little.

"It was love at first sight" Yeonjun sighed, smiling a little.

"Why didn't you tell us about her when Taehyun was dating her?" Beomgyu then asked, "I mean Taehyun seemed so happy and you seem to have gotten along with her as well, I thought she actually was just mad at me at that moment so I never said anything" Yeonjun answered.

Beomgyu  nodded, "she was okay with me I guess" he shrugged.

"What should we do about this?" Yeonjun asked, Beomgyu did not think much before answering, "I'm going to follow them" he answered in a quite voice.

Yeonjun turned to look at Beomgyu, "I could do that for you" he said immediately and Beomgyu chuckled, "You're worried too aren't you? That I might see something I don't want to?" his voice was slightly shakey but he urged himself to swallow the big lump that ews up on his throat.

"Or you could just tell him directly about it" Yeonjun added but Beomgyu immediately rejected that offer, he shook his head.

"Right now I really can't understand Taehyun and it's frustrating me" he admitted, Yeonjun placed a hand on the other's shoulder to provide some kind of comfort.

"This sucks!" Beomgyu exclaimed running a hand through his hair and groaning in exasperation.

The next day Beomgyu immediately approached Taehyun the moment he reached school, he frowned when he saw Taehyun had eyebags under his eyes and he appeared pale and sallow  and Beomgyu noticed how the other frequently kept rubbing his eyes, Taehyun appeared sluggish and uncoordinated, his eyes were blootshot.

Beomgyu noticed how Taehyun was not concentrated in class like he used to be and Beomgyu was sure that Taehyun was going through something and all he wanted to do was wrap Taehyun in his arms and let the other cry it out.

But he felt like there was a barrier between them at that time making Beomgyu feel suffocated. He just wished Taehyun would just tell him the truth.