Chapter 20

A/n: was busy but didn't forget to update I swear ┗⁠(⁠•⁠ˇ⁠_⁠ˇ⁠•⁠)⁠―⁠→ enjoy~ 🌈✨

Taehyun buried his face into the pillow in frustration, Beomgyu slightly nudged him, "I feel pathetic" Taehyun blurted dreading the fact that he has bursted out crying infront of Beomgyu's parents and all of them had to comfort him because he began to cry like a child.

"You do not need to exaggerate" Beomgyu tried to reassure the other. He gently patted the other's hair as he sat beside Taehyun on the bed.

"I can't believe I cried in front of your parents on top of being a freeloader" Taehyun continued to blabber, "It's fine" Beomgyu mumbled internally shaking his head.

Taehyun vigorously shook his head, "No I literally feel so pathetic right now, why did I even cry" he continued on.

Beomgyu let out a sigh, "Tae...you do know that they see you like family don't you? You do not have to be embarrassed" Beomgyu comforted, "They're just mom and dad Tae, not some total stranger so you don't have to worry" he continued. Beomgyu made sure to be extra careful with Taehyun at that moment, he always knew Taehyun became extremely sensitive and exaggerated over everything when he was stressed.

He gently pulled Taehyun up from the bed and wrapped his arms around the other, patting his back in a soothing manner, "We'll always be here for you Tae, just be yourself with us" he comforted, Taehyun buried his face on the the other's shoulders. As he let the other embrace him he could not help but fonder on how nice Beomgyu smelled, Taehyun wasn't some omega looking for his mate but he loved Beomgyu's scent, Beomgyu's scent was so comforting to him, he felt protected and at peace.

"Do you still remember when we first met?" Beomgyu mumbled, a smile crept into Taehyun's face, "you were annoying even then" he uttered though that was probably a lie,as he nuzzled into Beomgyu's shoulder tantalizing on the other's scent, he swore he was not some creep,as the memory of his first meet with Beomgyu began to come flashing in.

Taehyun was in kindergarten, there was a cute girl in his class who made him blush because she was so pretty, her name was Kira and she had long beautiful hair which she would braid into two with pink ribbons and Taehyun's innocent little mind made him think that she was like a fairy.

He never talked to her but always watched her from a distance, he liked watching her play and talk to her friends, it made his little heart flutter..

"Why don't you write a letter for her if you like her that much? I'm sure she'll be happy" his mom said when Taehyun told her about the pretty girl in his class.

So he took up the courage and wrote a little letter for her and even made the effort of decorating the letter with pink ribbons and cupcakes because he saw how much she used pink ribbons and how she always for super happy whenever she got a cupcake, little Taehyun stayed up till ten am working on his letter.

He put on extra effort to look good that day, he did not want to appear unattractive in front of her.

He combed his hair, polished hai show and made sure his shirt was clean.

Taehyun was extremely shy and he hardly had any friends so when he approached the girl, all eyes were on him, he shyly handed her the letter with flushed cheeks while the whole class stared at them, all whispering whatever he could not hear.

The girl quietly took the letter, which made Taehyun smile a little, at least she didn't reject him, he thought, she was wearing blue ribbons that day and Taehyun wanted to draw them again and give it to her, because his mother told him that he was a good artist and he wondered whether Kira would like his drawings as well.

But all his happiness came shattering when instead of reading the letter the girl crumbled the paper and tosed it into the bin, "don't come near me, you are no fun" she frowned and headed back to her friends.

Taehyun's eyes began to hurt and the laughters of his classmates appeared draf to his ears, his vision became blurry as tears filled up his eyes, he couldn't raise his head up, his little heart was broken just like that, Taehyun felt stupid.

He ran to his desk which was at the corner of the classroom and curled up in attempt to disappear from the classroom.

His tears fell and wet his shirt as he wiped his tears with the sleeves of his shirt, he just wanted to go home now.

Just then someone tapped his shoulder, Taehyun did not want to look up because he knew it was probably one of his classmates who was trying to make fun of him, then the person tapped on his shoulder and continued to do so.

Taehyun looked up with a glare to find a boy standing and looking at him with a blank expression, "are you trying to make fun of me?" he frowned, but the boy shook his head and handed him the crumbled letter.

Yeonjun frowned even more, "you're really trying to make fun of me are you?" he scowled, but the boy shook his head, "my mommy said it's bad manners to make someone cry and that everyone's feelings matter,so yours should not be thrown like that" the boy said blinking at him still holding on to his blank expression.

"Give it to someone who'll cherish it" he said and handed Taehyun the letter, Taehyun quietly took the nod as he stared at the smaller boy in a confused state.

'he looks like a girl' was the first thing that Taehyun thought when he saw the boy, he was wearing a blue tshirt and shorts and was shorter than him. He didn't know the beady eyed boy in front of him but somehow he felt that the boy was obviously not making fun of him and his instincts were never wrong.

Then the boy brought out another sheet of a folded paper from his pocket and handed it to Taehyun.

Taehyun was confused, was he not making fun of him? Or was he?

But he took the sheet anyways and opened it, and read what it was written which brought a small smile on his face:

"I like you, can we be friends?"

Taehyun smiled at the memory.

"Beomgyu?" he softly called out.

"Yes?" the other immediately responded.

"Thank you" he uttered

He heard Beomgyu chuckle, "anytime" Beomgyu mumbled.