Chapter 12

"So she asked you out?" Ningning asked with a raised eyebrow and her arms folded, "mhmm yeah" Soobin muttered rubbing his nape with his hands standing there awkwardly, Hyuka just stood there and watched with utter amusement.

"And what did you say?" Ningning questioned leaning closer, "What could I say I just said thank you" Soobin answered shrugging, "And then she asked for your number?" Ningning continued to question, "Yes she said she just wanted to know me better and she was being so polite, how could I say no" Soobin excused himself, "Who is she?" Ningning asked

"Her name is Kim Minah from the next class" Soobin answered, "Oh" Ningning mouthed, "So does she contact you?" Ningning asked, "she texts me" Soobin continued to answer, "Then do you like her?" Ningning asked him, Soobin shook his head, "I mean I don't hate her or anything she seems like a nice person" Soobin reasoned, "I mean do you like her romantically? Would you date her?" Ningning asked, Soobin shook his head again, "No I don't like her that way" Soobin answered, Ningning folded her hands, "Then make that clear to her, don't give a girl false hope just because you don't want to be rude, some people are quick to misunderstand our actions and they are sensitive to kindness, so make it clear to her so you wouldn't hurt her too much and cause unnecessary misunderstandings" she pointed out.

Hyuka watched with amusement, "Damn Ningning you're such a pro at giving advice on love, you should give me some too" Hyuka teased, Ningning smirked, "You? For who?" She questioned in a sarcastic tone, Hyuka rolled his eyes, "Don't hurt me like that for not having any love life, I love myself and that's all that matters" Hyuka defended himself, Ningning chuckled, "Off course Kai"  she answered.

She then turned to Soobin again, "Do you like Choi Yeonjun?" she asked directly, Soobin's eyes widened immediately and his cheeks heated up immediately, "What do you mean? He's my best friend" Soobin answered, Ningning sighed, "So you don't like Soobin that way?" She asked, Soobin did not reply.

Soobin fiddled with his fingers avoiding Ningning's gaze, "Okay then if you don't like him imagine this" Ningning started.

"What if Yeonjun and Hyunjin starts dating? Yeonjun loves him and Hyunjin loves him too, they hold hands and hug and kiss, wear matching outfits and go on dates without you Soobin" Ningning said,
"Isn't that something Taehyun and Beomgyu always do?" Hyuka interrupted but Ningning shushed him.

Soobin clenched his fist and he frowned, for some reason the thought of Yeonjun being in love with someone else made his stomach churn.

"Do you like the thought of that Soobin hyung?" Ningning asked and Soobin shook his head rapidly, "Then that answers everything right?" Ningning said matter of factly.

"But what if Yeonjun doesn't feel the same
I don't want to ruin our friendship" Soobin answered, Ningning had his hands up on the air, "Goodness Soobin have you seen the way he looks at you? He looks at you like you are his whole world and you are trust me! Gosh don't be such an airhead  any sane person would notice it" Ningning almost yelled, Soobin's cheeks blushed even more.

"Straighten up and fix everything Soobin hyung" Ningning muttered, Soobin nodded, his face still flushed, "Thanks Ningning I'll fix everything" Soobin said looking like a determined little puppy, Ningning smiled, "Anytime Soobin hyung" she answered.

Hyuka had a meeting with his volleyball club so she headed to her classroom alone, on the way she bumped into Yeonjun, she pulled him by the arm to a corner, "what's your deal?' Yeonjun questioned, "Look I know Soobin is very dense but forgive him and please listen to his explanation, things will get better, I'm tired of him sulking like a kid who's candy was confiscated" she whispered to him and before he could say anything she pushed him back in the middle of the corner and made her way back to her classroom.

In class she was greeted by the pretty short haired transfer student, Kim Minjeong, "Hey how are you?" she asked her sitting next to her, "I'm fine" Minjeong answered,  Minjeong was wearing a pink sweater with a white  pleated skirt and white Nike sneakers a little different from what she usually wore, "you look cute today" she complimented, Minjeong gave her a small smile, "thanks" she mumbled, "You're always cute" Minjeong added with a wink and a mischievous smile, Ningning giggled and gently slapped the other's shoulder, "Man I didn't know you could be  so cheesy" she chuckled and Minjeong laughed with her.

Just then Jimin and Aeri walked inside their class for their daily inspection, Ningning admired how Aeri carried herself smiling and greeting the other students politely.

She watched in awe as her and Jimin joked a little as they did their inspection, Ningning would be lying if she said she was not a little jealous of Jimin being so close with Aeri, Jimin was usually stern and mostly had a cold expression but with Aeri she was more carefree.

Minjeong suddenly gripped her arm startling Ningning, she was about to ask if she was alright but when she turned she noticed Minjeong looking at Jimin with an expression she could not read, she then looked at Jimin, she noticed how Jimin would steal glances at Minjeong but would not look directly at her, Ningning quietly observed.

She continued to look back and forth at the two of them, even in a crowded room since Ningning was an observant person she could feel and sense the tension between the two even though she could not figure out what exactly, "Oh" she mouthed, Minjeong turned to her, "I'm a little tired can I lean on your shoulder?" Minjeong asked faking a yawn, "sure darling" Ningning answered even though she was looking at Minjeong she could feel someone looking at her from a distance.

Minjeong muttered a small 'thank you' before comfortably resting on Ningning's shoulder, Ningning looked at Jimin and caught the other staring at them with a small frown, when Ningning made eye contact with Jimin the girl immediately looked away pretending to adjust her hair she then rushed out of the classroom with Aeri.

So that's what's going on

(Ps: we all want a friend like Ningning)

Also ps: oppa makes me cringe so bad so I made Ning Ning call Soobin hyung cause oppa is just 😬 y'all getting me?